WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Personally I don't mind a little heated interaction with locals now and then, as long as no one gets hurt. Breaks up some of the monotony. Martin Head on the Fundy Footpath can get somewhat interesting on weekends.

Go Chaco. Next time tell them to toss you a full one.

Images

Just got off the phone with Chaco, he is absolutely LOVING LIFE!! how can you not out there though!?!? He is at the Fontana Hilton tonite and said there are many others there too....he's waitin for LB and then they are headin out to the Smokies! Sounded like Lakeshore was a great time, he said there were some really nice campsites...guess he got some snow the other day too!! I cannot wait to get out there myself after talking to him!!!

just got to Standing Bear Farm. Had a blast! Got a little of everything, snow, rain. Good hike. Off to Springer in the am. Just want to say good luck to Halftime, Poor Boy, Respect, Applicator, Rocko, Beeker (My 2 favorites, you crazy girls), Toes, and Longburn. Im having a blast out here and am doin g itr all for real Saturday. Im in pretty good shape now and my gear is where I want it!!!!!
    Wakapak, I cant wait to see you!

Images

Good luck !!! Keep us posted.

Section Hiking to Maine. little bear's Avatar
    Images

just talked to Col Chaco, he is now on Springer and heading North on his Thru hike.

GO COLONEL CHACO
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Images

Quote Originally Posted by little bear View Post
    just talked to Col Chaco, he is now on Springer and heading North on his Thru hike.

GO COLONEL CHACO
    Yep! I heard from him too!! GO CHACO!!!!

Images

Chaco was at Neel's today!!! Woohoo!!!

Images

Colonel Chaco was at Tray Mountain Shelter around 6pm today, I believe he was staying there tonight.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    Hey all, Im in Sylva, NC. Got lost a little trying to get down the Road to nowhere. Ended up walking through Franklin Grove and back in to Bryson City, neither place is very hiker friendly. Got harrassed by some hillbillies. Im with D'shadow in Sylva and will make a run at the Lakshore tommorow. Mom and dad, Im fine and safe. See ya'll soon
    CC, when I was in grade school I brought a hillbillie kid home one weekend and the next door neighbors didn't have an inside bathroom.So this old grandma walked around the side of the house and squated down to pee.

At this point I told him not to stair at her,that's rude.That Sunday we took him to church with us.After the pastor was done preaching he ask everyone to bow their heads for prayer and if anyone wants to come to the alter to pray to go ahead.

At this time there was a big fat woman went to the front and kneeled down at the alter to pray.The little hillbillie whispered into my ear saying he knew why the preacher ask everyone to bow their heads.I said why?He said"It won't be so rude watching that big fat women up front pissing in the floor"

Man, I cant wait to meet you next week.

Im at Cloud 9 with Abboman, Boone, Thor and a gang of others. i saw the hot tub and was sold on it.
    Im out early in the am. Great weather today, just need to rest my feet for a few hours and a hot meal. Im very malnourished.
    Feeling good otherwise. Talk to ya'll soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    CC, when I was in grade school I brought a hillbillie kid home one weekend and the next door neighbors didn't have an inside bathroom.So this old grandma walked around the side of the house and squated down to pee.

At this point I told him not to stair at her,that's rude.That Sunday we took him to church with us.After the pastor was done preaching he ask everyone to bow their heads for prayer and if anyone wants to come to the alter to pray to go ahead.

At this time there was a big fat woman went to the front and kneeled down at the alter to pray.The little hillbillie whispered into my ear saying he knew why the preacher ask everyone to bow their heads.I said why?He said"It won't be so rude watching that big fat women up front pissing in the floor"

Images

Man, I cant wait to meet you next week.

Im at Cloud 9 with Abboman, Boone, Thor and a gang of others. i saw the hot tub and was sold on it.
    Im out early in the am. Great weather today, just need to rest my feet for a few hours and a hot meal. Im very malnourished.
    Feeling good otherwise. Talk to ya'll soon.
    It was nice meeting you today. Hope to see ya on the trail soon.

Made some pack modifications and am leaving Cloud 9 in the am, olr in a few hours. Thanks Cloud 9!

Images

Made some pack modifications and am leaving Cloud 9 in the am, olr in a few hours. Thanks Cloud 9!
    darn you were up late!! LOL!!
    Have a great hike!! See ya in a few weeks!!!

Heading out. Looking on the horizon can see the weather coming. Time to gear up and stay dry. Talk to ya'll from franklin. Put a couple of pics up on my journal. Peace everyone.

Images

Peace Chaco, sounds like you are having a great walk. Stay dry and warm.
    If you don't make waves, it means you ain't paddling

Images

Sounds like before too long'd be a good time to head into the Smokies spreading hiker cheer!

Journal Entries
    Images

It was good meeting you at Springer last Friday.
    Right back at ya! Hopefully, the weather has improved since then. Good Luck and Have Fun...

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

Images

Hey chaco good luck man, Its hard to believe your malnourished with that big bag red bag of food you are carying. like some kind of trail santa clause.
    "Shut up and keep walking"

In Franklin at Sapphire. Ron Haven is so damn awesome. Having a great time. Albert Mountain was amazing. Meetin some awesome people. This is so awesome!!

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++