WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Talked to Chaco this morning. He and Wakapak are headed into Port Clinton PA. They are loving the scenery of PA. This is Chaco's first trip above the Mason Dixon line. He did have an equipment malfunction and is needing to replace chest straps on his Go Lite Pinnacle pack. I called Go Lite and they are graciously sending him straps, no charge. Very easy to work with.

We were in Port Clinton today around three, shutting a couple of hikers. No sign of Chaco then, but he should have good company at the picnic pavillion tonight; also, the folks at the Port Clinton Hotel,as always, are hiker-friendly. Should be a good stop for C&W. We'll look for them again in Vermont in a few weeks.

Default Chaco, Wak, et al

There were some hiking poles and hiking staffs still here on my balcony after all 08ers were gone from Duncannon on Sunday. Did hikers forget them? And do they need them? Contact me.

Talked to Chaco this morning. At the Pinnacle, proceeding north, with Wakapak, Matthewski, and Shua.

Default Video Link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tGL4d660DRs

08 08 08 08.....08..08....080808080808080808...08..08.08
    The link above is some of the 08ers hiking and singing their chant!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post

That was awesome!!!! I love them guys and gals! Thanks for the link, Trailangelmary!!
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Registered User Mother's Finest's Avatar

I met Chaco and Wak yesterday when I was meeting my boys......Cool Cats, great group to hike with.

Hope the storms last night were not too bad.

peace
    mf

In Vernon, NJ with Wak and Matthewski. Very very hot today. AT the Episcopal Church cooling off. I guess the hammer has been laid down around here. Good to see. Hope everyone is having agreat summer. Thanks Mary for the video. We love you.
    Little Bear, i lost your number please PM it to me so I can call you.
    Dad, got the new pack.
    Im out!

Ha, that video is great. See the kilt is the only way to go.

You have no idea how awesome they are til you try one. Easy access for bathroom. If you get sweaty, just lift it up during a nice breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    You have no idea how awesome they are til you try one. Easy access for bathroom. If you get sweaty, just lift it up during a nice breeze.
    I'll never go back. I love mine. There was a couple of days when it dropped below freezing that I didn't wear it but that was it. It was funny how many people that I met and hiked around that went and got one after I preached at how awesome mine was and yes going to the bathroom without taking off your pack is golden.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post

YAY!!! thanks for putting that up Mary!!! and thanks for everything over the 4th, it was an awesome time!...great to see you again!! Tell Vicky, Pat and Peace Frog that I said Hello!!! Love you!

Quote Originally Posted by Roots View Post
    That was awesome!!!! I love them guys and gals! Thanks for the link, Trailangelmary!!
    ROOTS!!!! Hope all is well with you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mother's Finest View Post
    I met Chaco and Wak yesterday when I was meeting my boys......Cool Cats, great group to hike with.

Hope the storms last night were not too bad.

peace
    mf
    Great meeting you and Panzer, MF!! Nah, the storms weren't too bad...we got a little wet thru-out the nite in the tent, but nothing terrible! The rain sure was needed though!! Thanks again for the magic that you guys brought!!!

wak and chok just de sanktified the crap out of this church. the babys due soon. how do they make such noises? its like a cacoughiny of animal screetching and other tecktonic noises. man i wish they would get a tent
    matthewski

http://s324.photobucket.com/albums/k...ruhike%202008/

Some pictures for everyone to check out. Havent had time to edit and all that junk. Trailjournals has repeatedly failed me so here ya go

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    http://s324.photobucket.com/albums/k...ruhike%202008/

Some pictures for everyone to check out. Havent had time to edit and all that junk. Trailjournals has repeatedly failed me so here ya go
    Hey Chaco!!! You guys are kicking trail and taking names. We're out to do Dicks Creek Gap(GA) to Siler Bald(NC) today. Can't help but think about you while we've been staying here with Ron. You guys keep up the great hike!!!!
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    wak and chok just de sanktified the crap out of this church. the babys due soon. how do they make such noises? its like a cacoughiny of animal screetching and other tecktonic noises. man i wish they would get a tent
    ::: Dino seen pouring bleach into ear to rid mind of mental images :::

Colonel Chaco - great pics.

For the journaling problems, try postholer.com More reliable, better features and more flexibility to record what is important to you for your journal instead of being bound to what the journal site finds important to record.

Great pics guys! Have to change the chant from chacotaco toooo
    go Chacowak, go chacowak, CHACOWAK!

i am the worlds largest chaco and wakapak fan. anyone who atempts to be a bigger fan,..will die. i have taken fanship to its outter limmits and no one can go further in the arena of fandom. for my next fanatic act,....i will preach to the choir.

hey wak? whatcha doin?!
    chaco?! ...........whatcha doin?!
    hikein?!

go on!!!!!! git!!!!!!! git on ou!!hea!

use the terms well luke,....remember,the dark side is strong. use the terms, use the terms.

manmade structure break.
    roadbobein.
    lactard !
    only you can prevent slackpacking.
    matthewski

next up,...after the break. a vidio of us in a truck. i think chacos in the cab. or the back. one or the other. good shot of the awsome wakapak. also barfight ,banjo, johnney thunder and others.
    matthewski

Your comments certainly make dear old Dad (or Papa Chaco, as some say) proud.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++