WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

i wouldnt go to hike, i'd go to party with them aftewards and help deliver to them to whatever modes of transportation they are taking to return to their respective homes. anyway, i love you too matt, and i'm not sure that my love for you could grow anymore than what it already is.
    Two Beers.

We are the Hikers Welcome in Glencliffe. Saw Mousilake (sp) this morning. Weather is lookin great. May hit some crap before Franconia so we will just stay at Chet's til it passes. Not missin Franconia! Its allgood here. Mattie I need Matthewski carepackage, haha. Anyway, life is great!

the hiker formaly known as Wonderfoot
    Images

Hope you're having fun! Please tell Phat Chap and all that I said hi....oh, and give him my new number if you could..............hike on bro!

The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose............................................ ...
    Strong and content I travel the open road
    ~Walt Whitman Song of the open road

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    We are the Hikers Welcome in Glencliffe. Saw Mousilake (sp) this morning. Weather is lookin great. May hit some crap before Franconia so we will just stay at Chet's til it passes. Not missin Franconia! Its allgood here. Mattie I need Matthewski carepackage, haha. Anyway, life is great!
    You might want to keep moving since the weather is still clear in Maine.
    The rest of the east coast has rain from a tropical storm and Hurricane Gustav is on the way, although we do not know at this time whether or not it will work its way up the east coast. Glad to know all is well. Happy trails.

slackers. i can smell em. the stench of speed and distance. do some slackin. or smell my feet. either way your in for a treet. be their day , nay the morrow,....who cares if you run out of *o** there is only sorrow. heres why im great,.......................i know wac. heres why i eat good. i know choc. heres why i hike fast. i know johnney thunder. heres why im retarded. cause i am. heres why im great.
    matthewski

Im in no hurry to finish this thing. Ill wait out what I have to so I can see it all

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    Im in no hurry to finish this thing. Ill wait out what I have to so I can see it all

heck yeah! i like that attitude....its not worth being up on these open ridges of NH in rainstorms and all, i'll tell ya that! forecast looks like a beautiful week with rain only on sat, so we'll probably be sittin that day out, otherwise that, it's all on!!!

looking forward to getting our butts on top of Moosilauke today!! WOOHOO!!!

Go Wak, Go Chaco, Go Johnny Thunder, Go Shua, Go Baracus, Go Bear Bait, Go Useless, Go Atreau and all the other 08ers I have met this year!! Enjoy those views. Make the most of every moment. Love to all from Duncannon.

Team ChacoPak,

I must regretfully inform you that I'll be slightly delayed in catching you. The final solution to my tent problem was to get a loner from Henry. It'll get here Friday/Saturday. I'll be hiking then.

Love,

Johnny

Definitely wait for good views!!!!!!!!! You walked there from Georgia. Don't get stupid and say oh well it's foggy maybe tomorrow. I waited for 3 days in Roan High Mountain Shelter for clear weather over the balds in 2002 because I knew what they looked like in 1990. It is ALWAYS worth the wait!!!!! It doesn't matter whether you finish in september or october or 2009...wait for the views especially in N.H. and Maine.
    You guys rock! Do you need another bottle of Jack for your summit bid????

geek

Sorry Chaco I am going to steal your thread for a moment. Hey Johnny Thunder. Glad to see a post by you. I was wondering where you were at. I hope you are still having a blast. Knowing you, I know you are, despite tent problems that I am gathering from you. Getting a fix on the action movies lately? I noticed when you were in Duncannon that was a major goal of yours. Glad I could help. I loved it when you applauded the movie you chose from my library.
    Secondly, Hi Geek. How ya doin'? See you sometime soon I hope. Hope life is treating you well.
    And to all the o8ers, ditto on Geek's advice. If you can, wait for the views!
    Love to all,
    Mary

beautiful sunrise this morn. they sprayed the deleware valley with bug crap from planes last night. i think of you all oft . in your little clean world. im in germ world. you have a trail , i have asphalt. trees for them i think. poles for me. stars, lights. tents, tennents. friends and fire and food. feinds, farses and felons. in a world gone crazy,...no cake for you! my son max moves into his dorm at rutgers today and starts classes the 3rd. darfore suffers. this post is of opposites. for a good thing, a bad thing. a stream. of conciousness,...? or pee. wholewheat pancakes coffie carrot juice and water cushion the hardness. somehow you hike. somehow others die. world without end? me thinks not. the j man commeth.
    matthewski

all i have is my rutland band. a reminder of all our love. my hear heals with every step you guys take. ill never take it off. got yours?
    matthewski

Matty, you rock! Everyday you take absolutely normal, mundane situations and make them into adventures! Can't wait to read tomorrows.

geek

so i am going to call you soon, chacopak and jt, because i decided that i dont want to stop stalking you. i want to see how practical it would be to come to monson, me just for a night. i'm going to ponder over the possibilities of this and you guys can let me know if you have any clue around when you will be there so i can make sure i am not working.
    Two Beers.

the dude is here on my floor. he says high beery. thats one of your knicknames. i can also call you nearbeers. nobeers and twice brewed. i usually start my day by inserting two beers image into my mind. its like a filter. if i see the world thru an image of her, its roseyer.
    matthewski

dear lord, please please please grant me my prayer of being the worlds most famouse artist so i can use the money to endow the trail forever. thruhiking really should be free you know. and may i please add to my usuall prayer one thing. to be alowed to give chaco and wak a house. i want it to be a candy house. like in hansel and grettel.
    matthewski

Images

you guys all make me laugh and smile, thanks so much for that!!

So i am in Gorham NH, totally unexpectedly today. we got down to Crawford Notch right before heading the Presidentails and i was exhausted and believe it or not, not wanting to hike those high peaks, so i caught a ride here to Gorham while Chaco is out hiking over the Pressies. he was headed for Lakes of the clouds Hut to do a work for stay, and then he said down to Pinkham Notch tomorrow evening.

i'm sure some people will never understand why i didnt hike the Pressies this time, but that doesnt matter to me. I'm realizing alot about myself out here, especially the past few days thru the Whites, which by the way on a side note, are kicking my arse this year!! All i can say is don't judge anyone until you can maybe walk in their shoes for a bit....that's one lesson i've definitley re-learned out here!

love you all!!

wak, sorry to hear you are off the trail for the moment, hope you are planning to return. Give yourself credit, not many can claim 5,000 miles on the AT.
    As for the Chacotaco, keep going, you are almost there!!!!! And, have some fun!

Images

Hey Waka and Chaco,

Waka don't worry about hiking the whites this time. YOU ROCK and thats all that matters.
    I hope you both have a great time the rest of your hike. Maybe I'll see you when your done.

I am sending you guys a great big bear hug.

-Bearpaw

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++