WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pollywog

I've gotta ask, are we talking about a young person here or not? I've gotten the impression that this hiker might not be as young as her trailname makes her sound. Am I correct in this assumption? Not that this matters one way or the other really.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Speed View Post
    Still gotta say if Pollywog had chosen to take advantage of the first opportunity to let her folks know the gizmo was on the blink we wouldn't be having this conversation. Accepting a little personal responsibility goes a long way.
    I agree. There is an implicit contract when you carry something like that. You have to know people are going to assume the worst when it stops working.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Speed
    My Mom still worries about me. Cut the apron strings 30 years ago and she still worries. I guess that's part of being a Mom and I love her for that.
    I asked my parents recently when I could stop worrying about my kids all the time. They responded, "how old are you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    I asked my parents recently when I could stop worrying about my kids all the time. They responded, "how old are you?"
    Hate to tell you, asking them something like that probably made them worry more!

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachian Tater View Post
    Hate to tell you, asking them something like that probably made them worry more!
    Actually, it made me worry about them. They should know old I am.

Quote Originally Posted by dixicritter View Post
    I've gotta ask, are we talking about a young person here or not?
    When told of her belittling demeanor towards another hiker at the Plum Orchard Shelter (prior to the missing hiker report) I got the impression she was old enough to be your mother.

Images

Which means she really should have known better.

...your worst nightmare!
    Journal Entries
    Images

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    When told of her belittling demeanor towards another hiker at the Plum Orchard Shelter (prior to the missing hiker report) I got the impression she was old enough to be your mother.
    Sounds about right...all of it. From what I've heard...

Thanks guys. I think we can all just agree that it is a good thing she was found and is fine and this is all over now on this one. What's done is done, no sense beating a dead horse here.

Images

Agreed. Bailing out. More important things going on.

Thanks guys. I think we can all just agree that it is a good thing she was found and is fine and this is all over now on this one. What's done is done, no sense beating a dead horse here.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. No need to beat a dead horse, but a photoshop smashing of the spot gizmo couldn't hurt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++