WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Anyone interested in a PA backpacking

I don't have any exact dates yet, I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing some hiking on the Loyalsock Trail........ I would like to do the whole thing, but it would be nice to hook up with some other people so I don't have to do it both ways..Also I am really wanting to check out the Black Forest Trail-just got the guide and maps in the mail today,looks like a cool loop, just throwin the invite out there to anyone who would like some company......Happy trails to all......

I'd like to do the east end of the Loyalsock for a weekend, but there's no way I'm fast enough to do 59+ miles that way, plus not sure when I can get out (probably not before, oh gosh, July!)

The Mid-Atlantic regional forum of backpacker.com (see if this link works: http://www.backpacker.com/cgi-bin/fo...SF;f=682107219 ) and also http://www.thebackpacker.com/trailtalk/ each have a number of folks who have a good bit of interest in trails like the Loyalsock and BFT. If you don't get enough bites here, try one of those forums.

Images

The Mid-Atlantic regional forum of backpacker.com (see if this link works: http://www.backpacker.com/cgi-bin/fo...SF;f=682107219 ) and also http://www.thebackpacker.com/trailtalk/ each have a number of folks who have a good bit of interest in trails like the Loyalsock and BFT. If you don't get enough bites here, try one of those forums.[/quote]

Thank you Mid to late summer may work out for me also.......

A Special Breed of Crazy FFTorched's Avatar
    Images

I would love too, but I am stationed here in NC. I'm from Hershey, PA though and have only done sections of the AT and West Rim Trail up in the PA Grand Canyon.
    " It's a fool's life, a rogue's life, and a good life if you keep laughing all the way to the grave." -- Edward Abbey

Images

Quote Originally Posted by FFTorched View Post
    I would love too, but I am stationed here in NC. I'm from Hershey, PA though and have only done sections of the AT and West Rim Trail up in the PA Grand Canyon.
    Hey man if you are ever back up this way and wanna do some hiking shoot me a pm. Thanks for your service to our country. You are a hero......

A Special Breed of Crazy FFTorched's Avatar
    Images

I plan on being back in PA for two weeks in June and I want to do some hiking, maybe a short 2 or 3 day section of the AT into Duncannon. My gear is scattered across the state of PA so it all depends if I can piece together a pack and that then I'm game for a section hike or maybe a loop like the Black Forest Trail.
    " It's a fool's life, a rogue's life, and a good life if you keep laughing all the way to the grave." -- Edward Abbey

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

I may be interested in hooking up over Thanksgiving 2008 with you if you are interested. Still unsure of the trail I want to hike that week, but I always hike Sat-Wed before Thanksgiving in PA if you are interested.
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Solemates View Post
    I may be interested in hooking up over Thanksgiving 2008 with you if you are interested. Still unsure of the trail I want to hike that week, but I always hike Sat-Wed before Thanksgiving in PA if you are interested.
    Great time of the year to hike. Sure, if it will work out, I would be interested

Journal Entries
    Images

Yes I am - Here in West Chester, Chester County, Would be available with a Subaru Legend, for Pick up & drop off, so we would only walk one way.

Caveat, I am working on training a well behaved 70 pound trail lab- He can stay in the trunk.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Yes I am - Here in West Chester, Chester County, Would be available with a Subaru Legend, for Pick up & drop off, so we would only walk one way.

Caveat, I am working on training a well behaved 70 pound trail lab- He can stay in the trunk.
    That would be cool. I've got a 2 year old beagle who I always take with me also. Got a little pickup, but its extended cab. If dogs got along, it would certainly work.

++ New Posts ++