WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Trail Days Info Please

I have never been to Trail Days and am interested in going. Can you give me an idea as to what to expect? Will there be a place to tent camp? What about water, toilets, food?
    Should I bring my credit card or cash?
    Is there a schedule of events? is there an entrance fee?
    Thanks,
    Tom

Yeah, I wanted to go too this year. I finally cleared my schedule and was soooo looking forward to meet other hikers until I heard that they had cancelled it and are planning to try again next year, moving the whole thing to Monson.
    I think having it there will be a good fit for the trail community and I'm definitely going to be there.
    The last I heard is that Trail Days '09 will be held from Sept 2 thru 5 in Monson next year. Bummer that it was cancelled this year though. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Yeah, I wanted to go too this year. I finally cleared my schedule and was soooo looking forward to meet other hikers until I heard that they had cancelled it and are planning to try again next year, moving the whole thing to Monson.
    I think having it there will be a good fit for the trail community and I'm definitely going to be there.
    The last I heard is that Trail Days '09 will be held from Sept 2 thru 5 in Monson next year. Bummer that it was cancelled this year though. Oh well, c'est la vie.
    WTH? I'm in central time zone so it's not April Fools anymore... I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for some backup on that statement... I'm not going but whaaa?
    "The more unintelligent a man is, the less mysterious existence seems to him." ~ Schopenhauer

Bad, bad, bad...stop confusing the poor folks, wargy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thru Hiker Wife View Post

Musta notta gotta lotta sleep last night. Heater's Avatar
    Images

It's not Warghy's fault. Woodsy put him up to it. We all know how naive and impressionable warghy is...

Damn that Woodsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Austexs View Post
    It's not Warghy's fault. Woodsy put him up to it. We all know how naive and impressionable warghy is...

Damn that Woodsy.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!

Well, y'all should behave. This guy has only posted six times and genuinely needs answer. Don't make Dixi have to clean up after us again.

Well, y'all should behave. This guy has only posted six times and genuinely needs answer. Don't make Dixi have to clean up after us again.
    Please send the bill to Woodsy. . . Please!!

You are such a troublemaker!!!!!!!

Images

Oh.....just so it will get returned ey?

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorsMan View Post
    I have never been to Trail Days and am interested in going. Can you give me an idea as to what to expect? Will there be a place to tent camp? What about water, toilets, food?
    Thanks,
    Tom
    What to expect- Pure fun
    Tent/Camp - yes
    Water, Toilets, Food - yes
    Cash/Credit card - yes
    Schedule - yes
    Entrance fee - No
    You're welcome

Better? . . . . stinky pants?

Better? . . . . stinky pants?
    Much thank you very much. Just trying to keep us all out of trouble. Dixi told me she could be a real Nazi and I'm scared.

Much thank you very much. Just trying to keep us all out of trouble. Dixi told me she could be a real Nazi and I'm scared.
    Really?? THW?? How did you find out Trail Days was cancelled this year. Poop!!! I was so looking forward to it.

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

LOL Funny...You are so funny

Thanks,
    Tom
    The Trail Days website has moved to http://www.traildays.us/

I never officially been to Damascus during Trail Days. But its THE event for hikers. Lets just say the small town of Damascus gets invaded by horde of hikers.

Most of the thruhikers will be just hitting Damascus, while others will be coming back down for the event. A number of other hikers will be just driving in to attend the event.

It looks like thru hikers are allowed in the campground on Wednesday. Then drive ins will start Thursday. If you want to stay close to Damascus but avoid the crowds. Lodging can also be found in Bristol TN/VA and Abingdon VA. Also FS campgrounds at Backbone Rock and Bear Tree, or along the trail.

You definitely want to bring some cash for food, parking, and camping. Most of the events are free. You want to keep an eye on the free food events. There will be drawings/contests for gear, hiker parade, water ballon fight...

I will be working the Kincora Hardcore event. If you are interested in giving back to the hiking community and want to help by building trail, sign up for Hardcore. Ubber popular.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by buliwyf View Post

The Trail Days website has moved to http://www.traildays.us/

I never officially been to Damascus during Trail Days. But its THE event for hikers. Lets just say the small town of Damascus gets invaded by horde of hikers.

Most of the thruhikers will be just hitting Damascus, while others will be coming back down for the event. A number of other hikers will be just driving in to attend the event.

It looks like thru hikers are allowed in the campground on Wednesday. Then drive ins will start Thursday. If you want to stay close to Damascus but avoid the crowds. Lodging can also be found in Bristol TN/VA and Abingdon VA. Also FS campgrounds at Backbone Rock and Bear Tree, or along the trail.

You definitely want to bring some cash for food, parking, and camping. Most of the events are free. You want to keep an eye on the free food events. There will be drawings/contests for gear, hiker parade, water ballon fight...

I will be working the Kincora Hardcore event. If you are interested in giving back to the hiking community and want to help by building trail, sign up for Hardcore. Ubber popular.

Images

All the info is on the official web site.

link

I'm looking forward to it too. It will be my first time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Bag View Post
    All the info is on the official web site.

link

I'm looking forward to it too. It will be my first time there.
    See you in Monson next year!!!!

Thanks,
    Tom
    there is a campground. it is $15 for you and your vehicle or $5 if you walk in.

there's porta johns, water and showers at the campground and free showers at the baptist church in town. plenty of food at the park and in town.

bring some cash and a credit card

you can get a schedule almost anywhere in town and at the campground

usually confused but never lost Fannypack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    there is a campground. it is $15 for you and your vehicle or $5 if you walk in.
    I was looking here:
    http://www.traildays.us/schedule.htm#5-15
    and i see the following:
    Park your car for $15 and admit occupants for $5 each at Campground.

Also u can get more info about Damascus here: http://www.damascus.org/

So it appears that everyone will pay to enter the camp area, i.e.,
    everyone that enters the campground area must have a wrist band, right??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++