WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Leg Chafing

I have tried many, many different suggestions made by many, many whiteblazers. The answer is a quite simple nearly mathematical equation:

Underarmor compression boxerbriefs + Bodyglide in all the right places = NO CHAFING
    Cutman
    GA>ME 2000>2010..... Purist thruhiker in spirit, just with a lotta zeros during townstops;)

I didn't feel like reading through all the posts, so if this has been mentioned, disregard.
    Walmart sells Life boxer briefs that are as long as compression shorts. They are made out of microfiber polyester, wick sweat away, and completely prevent chafing. They only cost about $6 a pair. I also have thighs that rub together, and if I don't wear something like compression shorts, after a mile of hiking my legs will be extremely sore from rubbing together.

I had the same problem in college when I was on the soccer team and my legs were huge!! It didn't matter the style of shorts and underwear but I must admit I never tried biker shorts.

I used lotion in the eve too soothe and gold bond in the morn. But neither realy helped much.

Now I just run distance and my legs have shrunk quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Incahiker View Post
    I didn't feel like reading through all the posts, so if this has been mentioned, disregard.
    Walmart sells Life boxer briefs that are as long as compression shorts. They are made out of microfiber polyester, wick sweat away, and completely prevent chafing. They only cost about $6 a pair. I also have thighs that rub together, and if I don't wear something like compression shorts, after a mile of hiking my legs will be extremely sore from rubbing together.
    Posted on the previous page:

I also have a problem with chaffing, I chafe after about 6-7 miles. So before my day hike last weekend, I stopped by Walmart and picked up some Jockey Life Lycra Euro Style shorts, they were $4.96, buy one, get one free. I did about 10 miles Saturday, not a bit of chafing, but it took a little while to get used to the "snugness" on the boys.

LOL, I must agree with the O.P.s statement. They do compress the boys into a tight little package, but you get used to it........ But they are very effective at wicking moisture away and keeping the area down there "cool."

See you at Springer, Winter 09' Chance09's Avatar

I was looking through the gear pictures and someone had a lip balm like jar of something pink that was labeled "runners salve"? any idea what that was?
    AT - Georgia to Maine '09
    PCT - Mexico to Canada '10
    CDT - Canada to Mexico '11

usually confused but never lost Fannypack's Avatar

I used some "Body Glide" after I got some chafing on inner upper legs and it worked great. Haven't tried it on butt cheeks or feet yet!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++