WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Life and death

Question Life and death

I saw a post for deaths on the AT, but has anyone ever given birth on the AT? Follow up question: Any advanced pregnancies (human, not ponies at Grayson or moose in Maine) seen on the trail?
    There are 3 kinds of poeple in this world; those who can count and those who can't. :datz

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Patco
    I saw a post for deaths on the AT, but has anyone ever given birth on the AT? Follow up question: Any advanced pregnancies (human, not ponies at Grayson or moose in Maine) seen on the trail?
    Well, I have not seen any Expecting Mothers starting a thruhike... I have seen several Thruhikers that turned out to be Expecting Mothers... uh, Unexpectedly! I know two couples from 2003 that may be looking at baby names like... Ridge, Storm, Rocky or Summer, Spring, or Misty...

Registered Troll
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Janet
    I know two couples from 2003 that may be looking at baby names like... Ridge, Storm, Rocky or Summer, Spring, or Misty...
    What about Stinky, Dirty, Funky, or Nasty.

Default Life or Death

Conceived on the Appalachian Trail -- sounds like a wonderful song title -- country, of course.

I know of no births on the Trail, but I certainly know of incidents where women continued to hike while pregnant. I believe one of these kids was eventually named "Georgia Maine" and no, I'm NOT making this up. I also know of several hikers who left the Trail after becoming pregnant while thru-hiking; I further know of several who became pregnant while thru-hiking and continued their trips; I recently sent a congratulatory letter two friends from this year who are celebrating both their marriage and a new arrival---I look forward to seeing this kid on the trail in around 20 years; with hiking genes like theirs, this'll be one hell of a hiker.

Default souvenir

hmm... come to think of it, i did see someone i knew from my '02 thru hike at '03 Trail Days with a 'souvenir' of her hike!

++ New Posts ++