WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trail Days

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Trail Days

I am interested and possibly thinking of going to Trail Days this year. I have never been before and would like some more information on it. Is there a home page on the web for this?
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

http://www.facebook.com/themissjanet Miss Janet's Avatar
    Images

The Trail Days site does not come up right now and there is no new information on the Damascus.org site.
    From a reliable source I hear that they are going to charge $5.00 per car for a parking tag. I don't have a problem with the charge but the parking /camping situation was BAD last year. The camping area was fine but not with 500 cars trying to drive in to the camp area to visit every day. Any ideas?

Registered Troll
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Janet
    From a reliable source I hear that they are going to charge $5.00 per car for a parking tag. I don't have a problem with the charge but the parking /camping situation was BAD last year. The camping area was fine but not with 500 cars trying to drive in to the camp area to visit every day. Any ideas?
    Make them hike in.

Default Trail Days Fees

The increase in fees to attend Trail Days is unbelievable this year. As a vendor, I paid $95 for my booth space last year. This year it is $200, more than double last year.

Janet, who is your reliable source? I was at the Trail Days meeting. There will be a $10 fee for parking inside the gates for the whole weekend. All vehicles will be parked in one area. $200 for a vendor for 4 days at a festival the size of trail days is a good deal. There will be less vendors this year so more profit for y'all. It is May 13-16.

ba chomp, ba chewy chewy chomp chomp's Avatar

10 Bucks to park for the entire weeke seems like a good deal. I am totally on board with a "parking area", as last year moving the cars all around was a total pain. Can't speak for how much it costs for the vendors, but over double is a pretty big jump.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf
    Janet, who is your reliable source? I was at the Trail Days meeting. There will be a $10 fee for parking inside the gates for the whole weekend. All vehicles will be parked in one area. $200 for a vendor for 4 days at a festival the size of trail days is a good deal. There will be less vendors this year so more profit for y'all. It is May 13-16.
    $200 for a vendor, wow. I was thinking of setting up a booth if I can find time to go and have some T-Shirts done. But not for $200. Maybe I could find a vendor that will let me sit in there booth.
    AT Troll (2010)

The doubling of vendor fees SEEMS high but there is a big waiting list of them wanting in. This year is invitation only. Also Backpacker Mag is sponsoring Trail Daze. They're paying for a big name band yet to be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    $200 for a vendor, wow. I was thinking of setting up a booth if I can find time to go and have some T-Shirts done. But not for $200. Maybe I could find a vendor that will let me sit in there booth.
    Maybe you can team up with Leif and Zipdrive from Trailjournals. I know that they always have a booth, and I am sure they are not too excited about having the fee doubled on them.

Quote Originally Posted by L. Wolf
    The doubling of vendor fees SEEMS high but there is a big waiting list of them wanting in. This year is invitation only. Also Backpacker Mag is sponsoring Trail Daze. They're paying for a big name band yet to be announced.
    Wow - that is very cool. Its funny, I always get the impression that Damascus wants nothing to do with Trail Days anymore. But this kind of organization seems to suggest the contrary.

Lone Wolf, thanks for the update on Trail Days. I believe you are the best source on WhiteBlaze.net for accurate information on this event.
    The recent developments, for the good or for the bad, is another reason why the Gathering will always be different than Trail Days.
    Warren Doyle PhD
    34,000-miler (and counting)
    [email protected]
    www.warrendoyle.com

Images

Backpacker Mag is sponsoring Trail Daze. LOL Man thats like Mercedes Benz Sponsoring Sturgis!! Streamweaver
    "Theres is no real hope of traveling perfectly light in the mountains.It is good to try,as long as you realize that,like proving a unified field theory,mastering Kanji,or routinely brewing the perfect cup of coffee,the game can never be won." Smoke Blanchard

Images

Default Web Site is up now

http://www.traildays.nstemp.com/

They list some camping places on the site, but a lot of them seem to be 20 or so miles out of town. Where can one camp *IN* Damascus?

There's a big fenced-in area about .8 out of town where all the camping and gear reps will be. There will be shuttle buses too.

Section Hiker 500 miles smokymtnsteve's Avatar
    Images

It's past noon..I didn't know they had internet access at dots
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

Journal Entries
    Images

What are the actual dates? Sasquatch the page you posted has 8 - 16 May, L. Wolf posted that is was 13 - 16 May. What is the dates?

Is there a list of events somewhere?
    AT Troll (2010)

Images

trail days is a week long event ...but the main "party" is the weekend
    "I'd rather kill a man than a snake. Not because I love snakes or hate men. It is a question, rather, of proportion." Edward Abbey

attroll, Trail Days is May 8-16 but activities mainly for hikers begin on the13th.

Journal Entries
    Images

This is going to be a problem for me. I really wanted to make it to Trail Days this year. But it is 950 miles one way. That is about 1 1/2 days of driving. To top that I only have a weeks vacation this year. It has to be Starting on Sunday and Ending on a Sunday. So that means I would have to Leave Saturday afternoon to come back or earlier. The last Saturday and Sunday of Trail Days I am sure will be the best days to be there.
    AT Troll (2010)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    . To top that I only have a weeks vacation this year.

with only a weeks vacation do not go to TRAIL DAYS...go HIKING for a week in your favorite season..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++