WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default It's true! (Cloud 9)

WE just spent a night with Laura and Fran at Cloud. It was a great place and they are great people. We made the mistake today of checking into the HIE in Hiawassee and the rumors are true. Some idiot hikers ruined the discount so it is a whopping $80. The place is nice and has everything that you need but it is 20 that I could have spent on beer. I just thought any late starters should be aware. We were planning on a couple of days here but don't know if we can afford it now.

Images

Save your $, camp in the woods too! Maine is far, far away. Don't even try to think about how far. You might hurt yourself and it's beyond reach for those who spend all their $ too soon.

I told you there might be some idiots ahead of you. All you can do now is hope your pockets are deeper than theirs. Better to get accustomed to camping in the woods now, rather than later.

Or you could always change your screen name to "Jason of the Holiday Inn".

Images

Lol ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That was good! I do like the woods idea. I don't like town much anymore. It's funny how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Appalachian Tater View Post
    Or you could always change your screen name to "Jason of the Holiday Inn".

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

We stayed at the Hiawasee Inn. Great rates there but no one seems to talk about it. (?) We saved the Holiday Inn for Erwin.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Images

Save some money in Irwin and stay at Uncle Johnny's. He has everything you will need while in town, shuttles (restaruants and stores), outfitter, bunk room, private cabins and he is right across the street from the trail.
    Pootz 07

Registered User BipolarStroller's Avatar
    Images

You should find out who they were and when you see them next, tell them they owe you $20. I know that's not how it works, but could you imagine 2-3 dozen people billing 'em for $20 each? I am not trying to instagate anything, but I hope that somebody let's them know how much $ they costed every hiker after them that stayed there.

I asked for trail names but they didn't know. It's a shame. It's nice to have some pricvacy after sleeping with people in the woods every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarStroller View Post
    You should find out who they were and when you see them next, tell them they owe you $20. I know that's not how it works, but could you imagine 2-3 dozen people billing 'em for $20 each? I am not trying to instagate anything, but I hope that somebody let's them know how much $ they costed every hiker after them that stayed there.

Images

If you like Holiday Inn's, get your fill in the south. When you get to Bear Mountain, NY the same room will cost $140.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    If you like Holiday Inn's, get your fill in the south. When you get to Bear Mountain, NY the same room will cost $140.
    Really!!!! I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Ft. Montgomery (just after the wildlife area) last June and the rate was only $110. That was with three people and a cot brought into the room. Normally it was $98. Good value. Continental breakfast, internet, laundry.
    Turtle2

All the more reason to stay in the south.

Images

Are you a thru-hiker?

"No. But I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night".
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Praise the south!

I''m lost? It must be a NY thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    Are you a thru-hiker?

"No. But I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night".

We have a cabin that sleeps 6 (or 3 couples) for 100 per night for AT hikers...Henson ove Place B&B with Cabin - nice hot shower, self sufficient kitchen, hammock, grill (with charcoal) and tents are allowed for just 5 bucks a pitch. Just 5 miles from Dicks Creek Gap and we will provide transportaion as well. Ask for Dave or Mariah

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    We have a cabin that sleeps 6 (or 3 couples) for 100 per night for AT hikers...Henson ove Place B&B with Cabin - nice hot shower, self sufficient kitchen, hammock, grill (with charcoal) and tents are allowed for just 5 bucks a pitch. Just 5 miles from Dicks Creek Gap and we will provide transportaion as well. Ask for Dave or Mariah
    How can we get a hold of you to get a shuttle? What are your rates for the cabin?
    The trail is ever winding and the party moves every night.

Quote Originally Posted by take-a-knee View Post
    All the more reason to stay in the south.
    There aren't all that many places on the trail up north that are that expensive. For the most part, after NY and CT, there are hostel in all New England towns. It would be a shame to miss the best part of the trail over a few $$'s.

Images

Sly,

You are absolutely right. Dalton, Bennington, Manchester, Rutland, Hanover, Lincoln, Glencliff all have great, low cost options.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool AT Breeze View Post
    How can we get a hold of you to get a shuttle? What are your rates for the cabin?
    You can reach us at 800-714-5542 and we also have a web address: www.hensoncoveplace.com where you can send an inquiry directly. Our cabin runs $100/night for AT hikers (3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, full kitchen)... best savings is to group up if you can. We'll even provide fresh muffins! Yum!

++ New Posts ++