WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Very Cute! When the notification first showed up in my e-mail, I thought someone was spamming the site and jumped right in to report it. Then I stopped and read the whole thing. Now I think it's very cool.

Thing about it is the Caveman could probably hike most of us, especially the old timers under the table since his only mode of transportation was his feet, and we've had 50 or 60 years to become couch potatoes.
    Richard Angeli
    [email protected]
    http://trailjournals.com/tuney
    "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." John Lennon

Guessing that this is used for an intro type deal. HI! im new. My hubby and I are shooting for a thru hike this upcoming march/ late feb if we can get the finances up and stick to our planned budget. Anyways, just didn't want to lurk around. Now that I have introduced myself, I am going to soak up some more of this great info.

Nellie

I've been on here before, but that was about 3 years ago..man time flies and I ain't gettin any younger! Still can't let go of my dream to hike the AT or ,rather, the dream won't leave me alone... it's haunting me...

Journal Entries
    Images

You will when it's time to go. I just woke up one morning this January and said to myself it's now or never so I'm taking this year to put the rest of my life in order and on hold, and plan to start SOBO May 29, 2010 to hike home to GA.
    Richard Angeli
    [email protected]

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tuney View Post
    You will know when it's time to go. I just woke up one morning this January and said to myself it's now or never so I'm taking this year to put the rest of my life in order and on hold, and plan to start SOBO May 29, 2010 to hike home to GA.
    I left out the most important word in the original post.
    Richard Angeli
    [email protected]

hello and thanks for the site, it will be very useful

Hello , I have been checking out the site for a few years now. I'm not sure why it took me so long to regester. This is a great site thanks.

Images

Hello I just joined this site after viewing for a while. I have always enjoyed the AT. My daughter and her boyfriend are SOBOS and are within a few days of completing their thru hike having left Katahdin on June 3rd. I will be heading down to hook up with them and hike for a few days to Springer. As my 85 year old friend who had been following their progress said "going to get in on the kill, huh".

Thanks to all for the very informative site.

Searching...

Default Hello from NW Ga.

Greetings to you all. I like to introduce myself when joining a board in order to get the hazing out of the way first thing. I have been a longtime member on other forums, typically relating to vehicle (motorcycle) travel and adventures, so I can atleast navigate my way around the board. I enjoy hiking, camping and even working in the outdoors as a Land Surveyor, but lately I have been wanting to get back to the roots (foot travel), versus vehicle travel. My work has been slow lately and I have been thinking of doing the Georgia section of the AT, so I thought I better get some ideas and tips before setting out in the blind. It appears that there is a wealth of information here and I hope that eventually I will be able to contribute versus just taking.
    My wife asked; is it not dangerous where you're going? I answered; if it's not, it soon will be.

Hi I Just Wanted To Introduce Myself Im New Here. Im 33 I Live In Fayetteville N.c I Never Hiked The Trail Hope To Do That Someday I Would Love To Chat With Anyone Especally If U Thru Hiked The A T I Wanna Hear Your Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar33 View Post
    Hi I Just Wanted To Introduce Myself Im New Here. Im 33 I Live In Fayetteville N.c I Never Hiked The Trail Hope To Do That Someday I Would Love To Chat With Anyone Especally If U Thru Hiked The A T I Wanna Hear Your Stories
    post specific questions on the forums and many will offer advice... have a few grains of salt handy... just in case

Hi. I'm new here and there. I am a noob trailhead. Just finished up some good break-in hiking in the PNW and now I'm hooked.

just wanna say hi. if theres anyone out here in n.c area get back to me thanks

Hi All,
    This post comes with a disclaimer, I am not just an AT/Whiteblaze newbie, but also a forum newbie. I'm usually fine with digging up my own information, but have found that there isn't a great deal of info forthcoming down here in Australia on the AT!
    Will try and find the appropriate forum, but if anyone can point me in the right direction - my husband and I are looking at section hiking southbound from Harpers Ferry to Roanoke-ish in Oct/Nov 2010. Its a much anticipated part of our 12-month journey around the globe, to reconnect us with this amazing planet that we are so privileged to live on. Hope to chat with some of you soon
    Karma Rehab 2010. 2 people, 12 months, 17+ countries, 30000+ miles = 1 giant reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Newbie View Post
    Hi All,
    This post comes with a disclaimer, I am not just an AT/Whiteblaze newbie, but also a forum newbie. I'm usually fine with digging up my own information, but have found that there isn't a great deal of info forthcoming down here in Australia on the AT!
    Will try and find the appropriate forum, but if anyone can point me in the right direction - my husband and I are looking at section hiking southbound from Harpers Ferry to Roanoke-ish in Oct/Nov 2010. Its a much anticipated part of our 12-month journey around the globe, to reconnect us with this amazing planet that we are so privileged to live on. Hope to chat with some of you soon

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Newbie View Post
    Hi All,
    direct all your inquiries to me. i am the resident know-it-all. god of the AT if you will

Agreed. . .

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    direct all your inquiries to me. i am the resident know-it-all. god of the AT if you will
    Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Agreed. . .
    Absolutely.
    It's a great day to be alive !

Thanks for the Site. I am 58 and have now hiked 3 small sections of the AT. I retired in June and plan to section hike the whole trail. I have used this site for most of my backbacking information.

New to the site and hiking as well. I am overweight and use hiking as not only exercise, but now motivation to lose weight so I can hike even more. I live in Georgia. I plan to hike the entire GA portion by this time next year. I can only do it on weekends and breaks when school is out (I work for a county school system), the exception is summer, as I work through the summer. Anyway, I have only hiked Woody Gap to Miller Gap, and also did Woody to Dockery lake this past saturday (I am still sore!!!). I am sure that that is a walk in the park to most of you, but for me it was tough. I plan to start my journey starting from Amicalola to Springer Gap (there is parking there) next month over 2 days, taking it easy. I will have to do it in sections where there is parking or a way to exit the trial to be picked up. I plan to do each section in order from Amicalola (yes, I know its not officially part of the AT) to the NC border. Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and share my plans.

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++