WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast
    Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Crazy Larry's is the BEST place to stay! The best shower in all of Damascus....and more food than you can handle....and the sweetest, kindest host you could imagine.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

hello everyone, I am planning to walk in 2016. I love reading everything. I hope to be there. I hope you all get where you"re going.

I pray you all get to go where you're going. I 've been here long enough to know

Quote Originally Posted by rockever View Post
    hello everyone, I am planning to walk in 2016. I love reading everything. I hope to be there. I hope you all get where you"re going.
    WELCOME rockever!

Hi everybody!

I've been lurking here off and on for a few years. I finally signed up for an account last month after I got serious about planning a thru-hike.

My plan is for 2015, northbound, starting March 12th. (Starting info posted over in the Class of 2015 Registry thread)

Also, I just went live with my blog last night:

http://wanderingjourneys.net/at2015/

Kelly

Thanks for the warm welcome...much appreciated.

Images

I wish I had connected with this hike when I did a section of the AT last year. Looks like I will find some great information. Thanks for the forum.

Hey...Welcome in y'all! :>)

hello folks, I am totally new here.Never go for hikings because of my scarring.Now i inspired one of my friend.I am totally prepared as new and ready to do some backpacking for hiking!!!

Like the blog so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by YesRushGen View Post
    Hi everybody!

I've been lurking here off and on for a few years. I finally signed up for an account last month after I got serious about planning a thru-hike.

My plan is for 2015, northbound, starting March 12th. (Starting info posted over in the Class of 2015 Registry thread)

Also, I just went live with my blog last night:

http://wanderingjourneys.net/at2015/

Kelly

Thanks for your suggestion tsgosnell.I will follow your blog.Also i found a nice blog www.hikings.net which is informative and helpful.

I'm new here and just wanted to say that there is a tremendous amount of information here. I am really learning a lot and hope to be able to contribute back.

Welcome MeatTrapper!

New member here, I've lurked for about 3 months. My daughter and myself will be section hiking Roan Mt. to Damascus the second week end of April. I hope to see some of you thru hikers on the trail.

Hello all,been scanning a few weeks now,getting tons of info for my thru hike next year.thanks to everyone here!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I've been reading a lot of the site on the recommendation of a past thru-hiker of the AT. I just got into backpacking, and while I don't have any definitive plans to hike the AT anytime soon, I've very much enjoyed the vast array of knowledge that is shared on this forum.

I'll probably post very infrequently...my eyes and ears, however, are open.

Nice to have you here Jukeshoe!

Hi All, been lurking for a while reading and learning a lot from all of you. Some background, did a fair amount of backpacking a long time ago in the Scouts and for a couple years after then kind of strayed away. Getting back into it. Did a short 5 day ( 35 miles in 2 half days, three full days) in western MA on the AT last summer from Sheffield to Washington MA and realized I was carrying WAY too much weight. A lot of my gear is still older gear (20 + years) so I am slowly reducing my weight - don't have much of a budget to work with so it's hard to justify some expenses if it still works, but I've replaced a couple items such as pack and stove. Also, trying to outfit my 12 yr old son at the same time, so his needs come before mine. Anyway, don't know that I will ever do a thru or even long section hike but love the time I do get out and for now plan on keeping it somewhat local to CT, MA, VT and NH. Would like to do North Carolina and Virginia, and possibly Maine at some point. Thanks again for letting me lurk and learn and hope to meet some of you someday. Good luck to all those currently on the trail or with plans to hike it, I am envious.

Mornin' y'all...going for a walk in June...good info here, thought I'd join up. Looks great!

-Pablo

Stopping by to say hello. I've hiked a little of the AT, but if the old body holds out my real chance will be after I can finally retire. Thanks for the site and all the great info.

CreekSide

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++