WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast

Hello friends! Long time searcher, first time user!! My bf and I have done some section hikes over the last few years in Maine and New Hampshire (breath-taking). It has been a goal, dream really to hike AT for as long as I can remember. After following the white blazes last summer I knew I HAD to do it all. After very little persuading we have decided to through hike next summer! I hope to meet some other friends who might be taking this journey next year as well, and explore some past knowledge!

Journal Entries

Hello to all new members.
    Blackheart

Hello! My name is Blake. I'm a working student. In my spare, time I go in for travel and walks. I'm from Canada, Ontario. I am 23 and I am very pleased to be able to be called to you.

Thanks I'm pretty new here and I'm sure I'm going to learn alot here

Journal Entries

Welcome to the jungle John.
    Blackheart

Thank you attroll for a great site. I've spent most of my life in the great outdoors, but never quite made it to the AT. That changes next Thursday, May 24th. I'll be putting one foot in front of the other on the AT for the first time, launching from Springer around 2pm and heading as far as Neel's Gap on this trip.

Hopefully one day I'll have the time and resources to do it all at once, but for now I'll accept the opportunity to do it one section at a time.

Mike
    Eastover, SC
    Miles completed on the AT: 0 (Starting 5/24/2018)

Hi everyone !
    My name is Cyril, I am French, from Amiens, 2h drive North of Paris
    My wife and I are going to walk the AT this year, end July/early August.
    It will be our honeymoon trip (at least the beginning) Can't wait for it !!

I've been reading the forum for a while, and I decided to subscribe, in order to be able to ask questions and (I hope) contribute with my knowledge too !

I've been hiking most my childhood in the Alps. I'm now practicing ski mountaineering and alpinism (mountaineering).
    I've introduced my wife to alpinism and hiking and she loves it, so we'll give the AT a try this summer, for 10 days / 2 weeks see what this famous trail looks like
    Just have to figure out where to start/end !! Which is not an easy piece to find.. there are so many places !
    I'll post a message in the appropriate section, to seek help.

Thanks and see you around !

Hi! Previous lurker joining in on the fun. Look forward to learning from the collective. Cheers!

Hi, everyone! Newbie here. I'm glad to have found this great online Appalachian trail community. I'm hoping to learn more from the other members here. Cheers!

Hi, My name is Kay. My husband, Mark, and I run Vtrips. A transportation service. We’d like to let all hikers know we are available to pick you up and drop you off. We service the upper valley area of Vermont and New Hampshire and our rates, we think, are very reasonable. If you need more information, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 781-761-6998. We are proud of our service and look forward to taking you. Thank you.

Hello all. I’ve enjoyed reading all the experiences and advice. Looking forward to taking part in discussions, sharing experiences, and learning from everyone.

Hello, Kay! Welcome aboard!

Hello, everyone! We are a young couple who dedicates themselve to creating photo and video content, as well as our own music. Our content is related to travelling and adventures. We love hiking, nature walking and camping. Our goal is to promote the healthy lifestyle, to motivate people to walk more and care for nature around. We are passionate walkers who love hiking, trekking and camping.

We choose walking over driving and other types of transportation whenever we can because we learnt that this way we see so much more and can explore and feel the place better. We would love to find and communicate with like-minded people, that's why we've joined this forum. Looking forward to hear from you!

Greetings from Ohio. My name is Joseph, and I have a strong passion for the outdoors. I look forward to reading, studying, here on this forum as I prepare for my AT journey.

Hello from Tennessee. I'm a regular hiker and love exploring my state and the rest of the country when I can. I look forward to doing my first thru hike one day in the future. Just thought I'd join the forum and read sone tips and stories from fellow hikers.

Kary here. I'm a day hiker for now, hoping to become a backpacker soon. This looks like an awesome forum by reading up on past and present posts. I'm here to learn so most likely I'll be a lurker for a while.

Hello fellow nature lovers. My name is Joe. I’m from upstate NY and did my first backpacking adventure when I was 17 and fell in love with it. I’m 46 now and still loving it. Prepping for March of 2020 at the moment. Hope to gain some good knowledge about the trail on here.

Hi all, My name JJ. Originally from the front range of Colorado but now I reside in Georgia. I am a long time hiker and backpacker. I am prepping now for my 2019 thru hike of the AT. Which has always been a goal of mine. Looking forward to learning from this site and other hikers.

Long time listener, first time caller, as the saying goes.

Have probably hiked a couple hundred miles of the AT over the years (mostly in NY/NewEngland) and my family has periodically expressed surprise that I’ve never attempted a thru-hike. Give it another 8-10 years of child raising and I should be good to go. Already given thumbs by my bride.

Never to early to start planning. LOL. Hoping to learn important things from this fine crowd.

Newish member... just got back on after a long time.

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
++ New Posts ++