WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast

How can I change my profile picture?

Hello,

I recently signed up here. NEW MEMBER! Wanted to say hello to all of you. I hope we'll get along.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for creating this community.

Best,

Just signed up too. Already finding lots of ideas.

New here also. Looks like a great community.
    RB

I guess this is where we introduce ourselves. New to forums and this site, but not to backpacking. I have spent the last three weeks reading the great information on this site. Thank you to those that put it together and the many members that keep it going.

I have been backpacking for 45 yrs. Proof is the type of gear I still use: Kelty Tioga backpack (1976 edition), Eureka Timberline tent ( 7.5lb. model), hiking poles made from pine when I was 16, cheap polar guard sleeping bag from 1978, and plastic used to protect mattresses (these are replaced every year.)

I have backpacked and hunted in the Rockies (CO), Big Horns (WY), Black Hills (SD), Yellowstone (WY), and throughout Canada. Since I was a kid I always dreamed of hiking the big two (AT and PCT). Now I look at hiking the big three. That is how I found your forum and great advice. My shakedown hike will be the George Mickalson? trail (100 mi.) in the Black Hills of SD this fall and plan a thru hike of the AT early spring. The information I found on this site gives me the confidence that I can make it at my age. Thank you for all of your insights and information.

Just joined, so Hello! I've always had a love for the outdoors and grew up car camping with my family. I've just gotten into backpacking in the last year. I went on two short trips in Michigan last year, and I'm looking forward to my first section hike on the AT this April. Thanks for all the information on this sight. Very useful and informative

Thanks for the add!

Thanks for the add! Member of the future AT class of 2018..

Kathy "Raqstar" Johnson

Hello to all and thank you for providing a fantastic site.

Thanks for a great site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New old guy here thanks for having me

Hi! Glad to be here! I'm planning my hike of the AT in a year. I'd be grateful for any tips, tricks, hacks or any such like advice. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello to all of our new WB members!!! Enjoy your hike, help each other out when you can and enjoy each step!!!!
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Hey, everyone! Glad I came across this forum. I'm Jeffrey, been hiking for many years (not as many as some of you though!). Always seeking to expand my knowledge and skills.

Cheers

Thanks for adding me!

Thank you for the add! I am new to hiking, and I am particularly interested in backcountry hiking. I am currently taking clinics learning how to backcountry hike and have recently completed my first hike. It was great! Max Patch was epic! Learning all about gear is a lot of fun, and I am currently starting to purchase it all. Any tips and tricks of the trade would be appreciated. I am getting ready for my next backcountry hike in two weeks! Peace everyone!

Hello!
    My name is Mathias. I am planing to go on the Appalachian trail the first time. Normally I do other holidays. My last holiday was at Phuket/Thailand where I did a 3 months holiday starting with sunbathing at the beach and then doing the one or other Tour. The interesting tour I've ever did was a speed boat trip to phi phi. But now I want to do a trip like the Appalachian trail and maybe the one or other side seeing tour on this trail. Maybe someone here can suggest me interesting hot spots on this trail.

regards Mathias

Hi all! I'm relatively new to hiking, but I'm slooooowly making plans to check a PCT thru-hike off my bucket list. As I currently live in a very small Canadian town with exactly 1 very flat walking trail (it's only a 3km loop), I am mostly just enjoying all the research right now.

Hi everyone! I am new here, and am looking forward to absorbing all of the hiking knowledge I can. I am preparing to begin section hiking the AT next spring, and I have a lot to learn. Have a great day!

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
++ New Posts ++