WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Images

Will drop you a line. Still try'n to get onto trail journals to post some photos, took a long time to upload them, I had 1324 photos and a few short videos to upload!

- happy hiking,
    - Rick

Images

Let me know if you need some help with uploading all those pictures and videos. I've got to do some work in Virginia today but should be free later in the evening. Shoot me a PM if you're running into any glitches - since I'll be close to a machine most of the day.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

Wrongway* ( <-- hows that lol ) caught his first rattle snake 2 days ago, said it was bout 5' long :-)

caught a second one today

Turtle_Tami ~ Happyness is not having what you want but wanting what you have

Images

wrongway is on the move again
    He got his drop in deleware pa stayed for a few days relaxed,chilled out in a church/shelter, he was eating almost every time i talked to him so he got some food, and this morning he started hiking again. said he would call me again tonight so i can update lil more how far he has gone

few new pics of his trip in my gallery sorry there detailed yet im working on that.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by turtle_tami View Post
    wrongway is on the move again
    He got his drop in deleware pa stayed for a few days relaxed,chilled out in a church/shelter, he was eating almost every time i talked to him so he got some food, and this morning he started hiking again. said he would call me again tonight so i can update lil more how far he has gone

few new pics of his trip in my gallery sorry there detailed yet im working on that.
    He's doing pretty good time if he's crossing through the Delaware Water Gap. I guess he's deep in New Jersey by tonight. I'm checking the pictures you uploaded - you do know that you could rotate those pictures that are sideways even after you've uploaded them right? When did he leave Maryland after dropping his pooch off? I'm figuring out his average miles going through that area. Thanks for the update.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

he came home at like 10:30pm on the 7th left on the 11th at 4:30pm from penmar park,
    the night he got home was crazy, we spent time intruducing hudson and erwin.
    we spent a few days together , had some time ,then i dropped him off
    he was in vernon nj on the 1st.
    he called we just talked about stuff, he said he would call me in a few but he had in and out reception was to anoying,
    so i dont really know where he was.. sorry guys**

i know it doesnt work for me* i dont know why its easyer for me to put them back on the computer and edit them from there. it works. long as it gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebag View Post
    He's doing pretty good time if he's crossing through the Delaware Water Gap. I guess he's deep in New Jersey by tonight. I'm checking the pictures you uploaded - you do know that you could rotate those pictures that are sideways even after you've uploaded them right? When did he leave Maryland after dropping his pooch off? I'm figuring out his average miles going through that area. Thanks for the update.

Images

He said that he would try to shoot to get to my place sometime either on Sat or Sunday. but it was pretty up in the air. I told him a great place to catch fireworks on the forth in Bear Mt Park but not sure what he is doing for that day.

Images

glad you got to ask him somthing about where he is, i didnt think about it when we talked sorry*
    how great of a updater am i haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch2014 View Post
    He said that he would try to shoot to get to my place sometime either on Sat or Sunday. but it was pretty up in the air. I told him a great place to catch fireworks on the forth in Bear Mt Park but not sure what he is doing for that day.

Images

from the phone calls i have gotten, from my phone records here is the sitch -

he left started walking from delaware watergap on the 28th did the 31miler that night, kept pushing the next few days barley any sleep got in all the shelters after dark, by the 1st he was in vernon nj. he is now somwhere in nj lol.i know he was trying to hit a hostal before it rained he had 8 miles to go and it was 6:45 when he called last night...but im guessing that dont help much..
    (sorry i tryed blame the dogs this time)

(sorry allot of the times we just talked i have allota dates but no places i dont think that help you all some of the times i got it and wrote it on the map well im at work i have to see most of the names to remember them a few times.)
    i talked to him last night he started to tell me and the dogs started to bark at eachother again so we got off topic. sorry i promise tonight ill get it!

Images

just got off the phone with rick/wrongway,

him, loveboat, and peanut, they are in bear mt new york, hes at the park now taking a break, they have done 7 miles so far today, hes trying for 15-17 said he would call me later and fill me in with how far hes gotten.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebag View Post
    Let me know if you need some help with uploading all those pictures and videos. I've got to do some work in Virginia today but should be free later in the evening. Shoot me a PM if you're running into any glitches - since I'll be close to a machine most of the day.
    That reminds me, one of your videos looked like you videotaped a youtube movie by pointing your camera at the screen... You can use this program to convert any format to any format, including .flv

http://www.erightsoft.org/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe

Images

Oh for crying out loud. Remember the good old days when nobody used redirects unnecessarily and links always worked?

http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Thomas View Post
    That reminds me, one of your videos looked like you videotaped a youtube movie by pointing your camera at the screen... You can use this program to convert any format to any format, including .flv

http://www.erightsoft.org/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe
    That's the problem with uploading an original file to youtube it turns the original *.avi into flash. So when the original file got deleted ... I was pretty much out of luck. I'll check out your utility. Thanks. I've got most of my hikes in flash ... this could help in cleaning up the files. I was waiting for youtube to come up with something.

Images

message to sasquatch this am he sent it to me eaither accedently or to both of us to let me know also where he is cause he knew i would forget lol..just to let you all know where he is at kinda

we are camping, thinking about 6 or 8 miles past RPH shelter. That will be 26 miles so we can do 10 miles Sunday to meet you by 12 noon Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle_tami View Post
    Wrongway* ( <-- hows that lol ) caught his first rattle snake 2 days ago, said it was bout 5' long :-)

caught a second one today

Pretty cool, if you know what you're doing. I like seeing snakes.

As a kid we used to catch green and black snakes. Had a buddy once catch a small copperhead, he kept messing with it till it bit him in the arm.

His forearm swoll up to the size of a football, his right hand is almost useless today.

I get the impression you're really enjoying this hike, keep on trucking Wrongway.

Images

Wooooo Hooooo, having an awesome time, sitting at Sasquatch's right now. Going to BBQ and then hit the mall for some DEET - because the damn bugs are unforgiving out here!

What a great time we are having here, food, showers, food, sleep, showers, food, food, .......... relaxe, food

Should be heading north again Monday afternoon, will be camping around RPH Shelter that night. (plans changed and we got picked up 20 miles early then planned)

Well, you all have a great time, talk to you hopefully in the next town stop - maybe I'll have my June journal rewritten by then!!!

Take care, be safe,
    - Rick

Images

Well after almost a full 48 hrs off trail Wrongway, Loveboat and Peanut are back on the trail just south of the RPH shelter in NY. Last night Ellie also joined us while hanging out at my place. They are fed, have clean clothes and showered. I am sure that it stayed that way for the first hour on the trail. Hot and humid today.

Images

hey everyone* wrongway is somewhere in Connecticut right now hes really moving

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

Uh Oh TT,

Wrongway put an entry in at Springer, but he forgot to sign his name. I think the ATC said something about starting over again

If he need a lift, I know someone good to take him.

Hope both of you are well,

SD

Georgia Shuttling Website www.atsurvivordave.com

Images

we are both doing great thank you sd!! hope you are too!! Wrongway is hiking threw a storm right now so hes lil well you all have hiked threw storms and know how it is.. .

everything else though is great! hes gotten allot of miles in to be threw jersey already. cant wait till he gets to maine i wanna see maine!! oh and him to *lol*

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++