WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Images

Sitting in Rutland, Vermont now. Stay'n at the 12 tribes place. Some call it a cult place but the people are really cool and its an awesome place to stay. The food is really good and hospitality is 2nd to none.

- There is a great sandwich shop around the corner, great price and awesome food!
    - Doing a zero today and then heading out in the am on Thursday.
    - Hopefully meeting Tinker on Saturday in Hanover.
    - Checked out the 2009 Kawasaki 250 Enduro bike at a motorcycle dealership down the road. Looks like that or the Yamaha 400 Enduro, not sure, have 480 more miles to decide on which one to get. The 250 seems more set up for jumping the big jumps and hard offroad riding but the 400 is a little more $$$ price smart over-all. Both have good power to keep up with traffic and to go airborn when its time to hit the dirt.
    - Not sure what else to do today, there is a ink shop across the street - maybe a little piece of artwork before leaving Thursday? We'll see....

- Happy hiking, be safe, take care.......
    - Wrongway/Rick

-

wishing i was out there this year

take care buddy, good to hear you're still doin well

-many many miles behind u, Caveman
    "...Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation." -Blind Seer, O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Images

made it to Hanover New Hampshire!
    Almost cought a Porky-Pine the other day but he was running a little too fast, also I was making a video of him and try'n to find a stick to slow him down with. Next time I'll get him!
    I think there is a downhill mountain bike park coming up soon! Hope to find it and ride some.

Images

congrats on making it to Hanover wrongway...enjoy the NORTH!!!

Images

Glad you got to Hanover. Autumn (Bike SPO) said you're 'amazing' and that it's 'awesome' what you're doing.
    Things around here have been interesting. Getting the a/c fixed, finally. knocked down an extra couple more trees. Got the extra mtn bike. Helped alert the feds to a possible pedophile. and am now friends with the special agent, who might join in on the Sept trip (though, his wife probably can't make it). Picked up another over-sized rocking recliner. And am in the process of taking apart a 24' pool for here for next year. (I love the trading site... free pool!!)

And, have to ask... what's your favorite and worse parts of the trip so far ?

Dak.

Images

In Glencliff now.
    Worse part, rain/sleet while night hiking
    Best part - everything else!
    Sorry so short, got people waiting to use the computer.
    Catch you later!

Images

Way to go kkep up the progress that way you can zero at Whitehouse Landing in ME 1lb burgers.....mmmmmm

wrongway likes hiking at night...in the nude. he scared a few moose the other night, stumbling around in a thunderstorm and yelling something about 'the gold coin is mine! i spotted the swamp donkey!'- we barred the door at the firewardens cabin and huddled in the corner until he left...it was a truly eerie experience...but other than that one strange event, i think he's a swell guy.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sofaking View Post
    wrongway likes hiking at night...in the nude. he scared a few moose the other night, stumbling around in a thunderstorm and yelling something about 'the gold coin is mine! i spotted the swamp donkey!'- we barred the door at the firewardens cabin and huddled in the corner until he left...it was a truly eerie experience...but other than that one strange event, i think he's a swell guy.
    When you see him next remind him that the Dr. said if he quits taking all his meds at once people may start to keep their distance and think he is a bit strange. Also remind him that the live stock molestation laws are harsher in New England than they are along other parts of the trail. You know the last time with that sheep when we asked what he thought he was doing he said "Mutton"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    In Glencliff now.
    Worse part, rain/sleet while night hiking
    Best part - everything else!
    Sorry so short, got people waiting to use the computer.
    Catch you later!

yea yea... definitely a cop out of an answer.... (hmmmm.... LOL) THAT does explain alot

Got your LAST box ready to send to Caratunk. (would have sent it today, but, slept in and it felt GREAT) I hope everything in it will be exactly what you need for your trip home. I definitely put alot of thought into it. (since you don't like saying what you want <eg>) Don't be too mad at me for it. <mwahaha>

Dak.

Oh... and your last clue...... Post-It's™ were used in the design. and I think I settled on the color blue... though, I know black works for you, too. And, if I were doing it for me I'd probably use a green.

<neyner>
    Without understanding, there is no growth.

Images

:^p~.......

Images

Hey Rick,
    Well.. I just sent the LAST box out today. I seriously cannot believe how much this one cost to send. (or the weight) <evil laugh> Um.. there is NO food in it at all. Figured it'd be good for the trip back. Hope it's fitting. You ARE still getting that bike, right ? ::whistling innocently:: Hope you have fun. Talk to you when you get back. (well... maybe, unless you are too mad at me)

Dak.

Images

:banana hey everyone

Wrongway is to the New Hampshire ~ Maine border~line!!!
    Less Then 300 miles left!!!

Images

Sitting in ME now at a hostel in Andover! everything is good, fun miles these last 60 or so, climbing through the notch was fun, the hill after it - not so fun !

Going to eat a lotta stuff, then sleep, then eat lots more stuff, then hike!

Getting close!

Take care, hike safe.

Images

Hey glad to hear its all going well. If I can I am going to try to post a pic of the new pup on here so keep an eye out for it next time you log on. I have targeted the 19th for a start of SNP. Been hitting the trails here to get ready.

Images

In Rangley now, had steak for dinner! Going to have steak again tonight! All is well and the trail is great - no rain for a while, been nice !

Images

Sad to think it will be done with soon... I know it's been one *heck* of an adventure for you. Post more when you can to keep us *virgins* in the loop. See you when you get back bud.

Oh, I'm kind of looking at another Jeep or maybe even a truck. Have wanted one for a couple of years (truck, that is). Will have to debate it out with myself on if I can afford or not. grrrrr

Images

So much for a new Jeep. (at least from Annapolis). Went by there today 'cause the passenger seatbelt won't retract. I'm within mileage (it's nice living 5 miles to work), but, about half a year out of the time (3 yrs). You know they didn't even want to try to help ? The guy I bought 2 (!!!) Jeeps from simply said, "nope". I simply walked out. I did let them know I was in the market for another vehicle after that. But, would NOT be back there. (and you call me an idiot) LOL I want a second of some sort. Am ordering blue belts for Raven. If I have to get new ones they might as well go with the rest of the interior.

see ya soon,
    Dak

<punch>

Images

Sitting in Stratton now, small town. Got in yesterday.
    Will be doing 15 on Monday to get over the last big mountain, other then big K, then start pushing out some 20 and 25 milers.
    Should have 2 more zeros before the end.
    Have fun, happy hiking.

Images

Have you hit Caratunk yet ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++