WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Trail conditions in Maryland???

Does anyone live near the trail in Maryland that could tell me approximately how much snow is on the ground right now, 2-7-04? I am thinking about sectioning Maryland this coming weekend and need to figure out a mileage plan.
    without love in the dream it will never come true...

Default Daniels at Patapsco state park

I live near Elkridge Md, While I can't speak about any of the trail conditions any further north than this. I did check out some of the conditions of the trails in the State Park by my house. Very, very, very slippery. Not a lot of snow left to contend with, but man were the trails slippery at the Daniels side of the Park. To wet for me. Good luck on your section.
    "Not knowing where you are, is the best way to get to where you are going".

"J. Peterman" "Seinfeld"

This info will be getting to you too late, but in future, folks can always call Laura at the Outfitter at Harper's Ferry at 304-535-2087. Her store is a couple of hundred yards from Maryland so she's a pretty good info source if you're planning a trip there.

Images

Default Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin
    This info will be getting to you too late, but in future, folks can always call Laura at the Outfitter at Harper's Ferry at 304-535-2087. Her store is a couple of hundred yards from Maryland so she's a pretty good info source if you're planning a trip there.
    Sorry Jack let me clarify. I am asking about current snow depth conditions for Maryland as of 2-7-04. I will be hiking the the weekend of 2-14-04. Thanks for any help in attaining this info. It sounds like most of the snow has melted out??? Not here in NJ. We postholed in 12-15 inches of snow this weekend at High Point State Park. It made for really tough hiking.

Just Passin' Thru.... Kozmic Zian's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by tribes
    Does anyone live near the trail in Maryland that could tell me approximately how much snow is on the ground right now, 2-7-04? I am thinking about sectioning Maryland this coming weekend and need to figure out a mileage p
    lan.
    Probably about a foot with higher drifts....been some melt this week, but the temp is down again....lots o' ice tho. Better bring crampons.
    Kozmic Zian@ :cool: ' My father considered a walk in the woods as equivalent to churchgoing'. ALDOUS HUXLEY

Images

Default Md

Still looking for help on this.....

Images

Default Snow in Maryland

I can tell you that in the Northern Shenandoah Park there is still 3-6 inches of snow and ice left in the shaded areas but most areas with exposer has melted. The snow amounts in this area have been very different only 30 miles away so there might be more in northern Md. Saturday there should be lots of slushy and muddy areas temps are suppose to reach upper 40s but will be colder Sunday. The trail in this area (Linden) has already been walked on after snow so it's not hard except for some icy spots. Melting and refreezing.

++ New Posts ++