WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    Jay and he should hike together. Perfect pair.
    hell yah locusta, a couple free birds enjoyin spendin ur hard earned bux hahaha thanks dude

Registered User Mother's Finest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayMosier View Post
    hell yah locusta, a couple free birds enjoyin spendin ur hard earned bux hahaha thanks dude

Jay Mosier,

You sir are a parasite.

mf

but a free parasite, thanks for the fatty sweetie puff puff

Dude, you signed the contract knowing that you may or may not get deployed.

I signed the same contract knowing the same thing. I didn't get to go to college while serving either... It is pretty much a given being a grunt. However I took my G.I. Bill and left the Army and went to college. Thank you tax payers for "helping" me through college. Notice the "Helping" I finished the contract that I signed, I did the paper work to get into college and I did the class work. And Yes the G.I. paid for every penny of my 4 year public eduction degree.

Then I hiked the A.T.

Your post makes it sound like you feel that the military or government is responsible or "owes" you a degree.

Wasn't flaming you, just looking at what you wrote.

SweetAss
    SweetAss

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mother's Finest View Post
    Jay Mosier,

You sir are a parasite.

mf
    MF, it took me a while on WB to learn this lesson, so let me pass it on to you. Please don't feed the trolls.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

yeah i bite

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

::: Dino has a relapse to her moderating days :::

Knock it off fellows before I bite toes and whip with my tail.

ooooo Dino ur gettin me xcited now

I think FD has a special pro bono clause for toe biting.

Arguing the exact opposite of a thread starter--Where do you not work?--creates tremendous instability in the matter/antimatter drive that runs WB. For the safety of all concerned, please start a new thread so that are engines continue functioning properly.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Hippie View Post
    Getting deployed consistently to the point of 5 years out of 6, so I couldn't go to school, does seem appropriate of a blame card.
    I give you credit for serving in the military but it I don't quite get you blaming the govt. for you not getting your education. My reasoning is that it was a choice to serve and be at their whim for wherever they wanted to send you. If you were drafted, THEN I could see you blaming the government. At the end of the day you don't have your education (yet) but you do have the distinction of having served in the military. Something someone like me that went and got his degree right out of high school does not have.

Images

Parapro or teacher's aide, doesn't require college education, just passing basic skills, then you can decide if education is for you.
    Personally, I am retired Army (Got AA, BS, and MAS while on Active duty) now I teach so I have my summers to hike and decompress.

doughNut

Images

I am a Golfcourse Superintendant that gives me the oppertunity to be outside an Plant Tress , ect plus I use no Pestasides period.. I Zero scape as much as I can therefore I dont have to water fore no reason I live in Fl, an we really have NO water.. But all in all I love my job..

My company leases cars nationwide online and provides leasing services to dealers. I develop and maintain our websites, software as well as our backend systems.

www.LeaseCompare.com is our primary site, but we have quite a few others. Our corporate site is www.acscorp.com

I also own a small retail company that sells Airsoft guns, military and tactical gear. I have a retail store here in the Cincinnati area, and we also sell online. This store is in it's sixth year of business.

www.AirsoftArms.com

I spent about 9 years in the IT industry working for a large fortune 100 company until I started doing this in 2000. I am happy to be out of the corporate cubicle environment, in charge of my own destiny.

Images

I also own a small retail company that sells Airsoft guns, military and tactical gear.....
    Can you cut us a good deal on 550 cord?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Can you cut us a good deal on 550 cord?
    Absolutely. I have few rolls now and hardly ever sell any of it

Images

Absolutely. I have few rolls now and hardly ever sell any of it
    Sweet.....drop me a PM and let me know what you have and how much you'll let it go for. Maybe we can work something out.

Well, didn't mean to advertise, but if anyone from WB wants any, it is OD and .06/ft (this is bulk pricing but by the foot). I can get as much as you need.

Mods, if this is against any rules, please just delete, thanks.

Hike the AT you will.

I'm a chef at a family owned italian restaurant. I'm not part of the fam, just fell into it. Well.. guess I kinda am now.

I do commercial photography on the side, hoping to start doing this full time when I finish my degree in entrepreneurship.

Maybe i'll get into adventure photography and get paid to hike/paddle/whatever.

Sorry, I meant .04/ft for WB members. .06/ft is our normal price.

Sgt, I don't know what your situation is terms of finances and living arrangements are, but do take some time for yourself and then review your interests, experiences and aptitudes. Even if you end up working and initially going to school part-time or vice versa, at your age you will have time and options to figure out what to do. You will also meet people who will provide you good information and guidance and also some who will not. As far as school and the service goes, I was lucky enough to be active duty at the right time and in the right place to finish my BA (which by the way has no bearing on what I do for a living, but still worth the time and work invested). Life in its stages will bring you down many paths. For example, I took and extended break from my active duty service and came back in and now am slated for an OEF tour during which I will hit my "20" and after that I'll decide based on circumstances what to do. My tentative thru plans have been derailed several times, but now I have set my goal for 2013. Whatever you decide, do take advantage of any benefits which you are due. Good luck!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++