WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Images

Default Bumble Bee Foil Pack Whole Chicken Breast

I saw a recipe on Sabar's Freezer Bag Cooking blog for BBQ Chicken Rice Wrap Recipe and it looks really good. I have checked a couple of grocery stores but I have not been able to find it yet. The Bumble Bee website says that Kroger's carry it, and that's about the only grocery that I haven't checked yet.

Has anybody seen this chicken at Krogers? How much is it?

They also have the whole chicken breast in Garlic & Herb flavor and Southwestern.
    "For those who understand, no explanation is needed; for those who do not, none will do." ---Jerry Lewis

bought some today at Kroger's. it was 2.39 per pack.

I’ve seen it at Kroger, but I can’t remember the price.

Not sure if you have 'em, but Publix carries them.

Images

Located with the tuna and canned chicken?
    "For those who understand, no explanation is needed; for those who do not, none will do." ---Jerry Lewis

Images

yup you can find it with the foil pouches of tuna. I've tried them and they're not bad.....chopped and formed meat, not a true breast.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

I took a number of Bumblebee foil packs on my hike; chicken/turkey/tuna. I purchased them at Meijer. They were decent; I cooked a Lipton/Knorr's side w/ it generally, usually some rice and vegetables side. I believe in eating protein to keep the muscles in good repair.
    Trillium

Images

I added the Bumble Bee ? foil pouch Teriyaki tuna to a Knorr's/Lipton Asian Sides Teriyaki noodles last weekend with my daughter on a hike. It was good - but I think I prefer Thai Sesame noodles version better with the BB foil pack chicken(garlic). The Idahoan mashed potatoes(garlic or butter and herb) and the foil pack chicken breast (either garlic or southwest flavor) is a favorite. We split the Tuna/noodle meal and it was an okay portion for two with a roll and small dessert. Probably just a good size dinner for a thru-hiker appetite though. It does have a decent amount of Teriyaki sauce with it, so a good helping of minute rice would also make a good hiker meal with it.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    I added the Bumble Bee ? foil pouch Teriyaki tuna to a Knorr's/Lipton Asian Sides Teriyaki noodles last weekend with my daughter on a hike. It was good - but I think I prefer Thai Sesame noodles version better with the BB foil pack chicken(garlic). The Idahoan mashed potatoes(garlic or butter and herb) and the foil pack chicken breast (either garlic or southwest flavor) is a favorite. We split the Tuna/noodle meal and it was an okay portion for two with a roll and small dessert. Probably just a good size dinner for a thru-hiker appetite though. It does have a decent amount of Teriyaki sauce with it, so a good helping of minute rice would also make a good hiker meal with it.
    My daughter and I usually share a Knorr/chicken pack meal, I eat 2/3 of it. We usually augment it with Mountain House freeze-dried peas or corn.

Images

I'm pretty sure I saw it at the Kroger in Richmond. If I remember right I didn't buy any because they had tuna and salmon packets on sale for $.99 that day. I don't shop there every week, but I'll check it out the next time I go and let you know.
    We'll have to go out through the kitchen.

Most grocery stores should be happy to special order stuff if you ask.

I always find the chicken breast next to the tuna and other pouched meats. I have found them in Safeway (out west) and at all of Kroger's stores (ie...City Market, QFC, Fred Meyers, etc)
    I like the BBQ one, the herb one is nice. The meat shreds nicely by the way.
    Trail Cooking/FBC, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
    Trail Cooking

Quote Originally Posted by Trillium View Post
    I took a number of Bumblebee foil packs on my hike; chicken/turkey/tuna. I purchased them at Meijer. They were decent; I cooked a Lipton/Knorr's side w/ it generally, usually some rice and vegetables side. I believe in eating protein to keep the muscles in good repair.
    I do that. Canned or foil chunk meat (Salmon, Chicken or Tuna) and a 'just add water' side.

Cook the packet of rice or noodles and dump in the meat. Stir it in good and it will be warmed through. Takes me about 15 min total and it's a pretty good meal.

Images

I found some at my local Krogers. The chicken and the tuna products were not in the same place but they were in the same isle.

I tried the BBQ chicken and the Garlic & Herb Chicken. Both were really good but the BBQ was the best. I also tried the Cracked Pepper & Lemon tuna. It was very dry and kinda sucked.

The Bumble Bee packs are very nice. This weekend I used the left over BBQ sauce and mixed it in with baby red skin potatoes. That made it very yummy!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I saw a recipe on Sabar's Freezer Bag Cooking blog for BBQ Chicken Rice Wrap Recipe and it looks really good. I have checked a couple of grocery stores but I have not been able to find it yet. The Bumble Bee website says that Kroger's carry it, and that's about the only grocery that I haven't checked yet.

Has anybody seen this chicken at Krogers? How much is it?

They also have the whole chicken breast in Garlic & Herb flavor and Southwestern.
    "Sweet Sue" is another brand. WalMart carries it. Not great, but good enough. I like it mixed with a beef stroganoff Lipton side.

Can't seem to find these packs anymore. I used to be able to buy them all over can anybody point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
    Can't seem to find these packs anymore. I used to be able to buy them all over can anybody point me in the right direction?
    They may not be bumble bee brand but walmart still carries foil packed chicken next to the tuna.

Sweet Sue is owned by Bubble Bee, so it may be under either name. Look around the canned chicken if not around the tuna.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Sweet Sue is owned by Bubble Bee, so it may be under either name. Look around the canned chicken if not around the tuna.
    PS. In my local Walmart it's Tyson Brand.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++