WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Cool Class of 2006 at Trail Days

To me, it seemed like '06 was underrepresented at Trail Days... Please tell me my perception was incorrect.

Images

I did two six week trips in 06 and I only saw two folks that I had hiked with. It was kind of a letdown but I hiked Springer to NOC in april so I got to see all those folks at least.

Images

Trail Days 2006 was great Everybody got drunk and partied

Default clarification

I'm not sure I was clear on my last post... I mean, it seemed like few members of the Classs of 2006 made the trip to Trail Days this year.

I remember having a great time in 2006, but considering I missed Trail Days last year, I was hoping to see more of my friends this year. I didn't see as many as I hoped.

So I was wondering if anyone else noticed a shortage of '06 hikers this year.

Images

I didn't see many of my fellow 2006 SOBOs.

Not having a 2006 banner in the parade to gather around was one problem.

There were a bunch of people at TD that I never did see the whole time I was there, even though I knew they were planning to come, and they had run into people whom I later ran into. It was like being an atom in random motion--sometimes I'd bump into someone; more frequently not. I'd get a message that so-and-so was looking for me, and I'd wander around looking for them, but never find them. I'd usually find someone else I knew, though.

Nextel doesn't work in Damascus.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    I didn't see many of my fellow 2006 SOBOs.

Not having a 2006 banner in the parade to gather around was one problem.

There were a bunch of people at TD that I never did see the whole time I was there, even though I knew they were planning to come, and they had run into people whom I later ran into. It was like being an atom in random motion--sometimes I'd bump into someone; more frequently not. I'd get a message that so-and-so was looking for me, and I'd wander around looking for them, but never find them. I'd usually find someone else I knew, though.

Nextel doesn't work in Damascus.
    Marta sorry me and my wife missed seeing you there.We stayed in the little rv park across the street from Lone Wolf & Gypsy's.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    Marta sorry me and my wife missed seeing you there.We stayed in the little rv park across the street from Lone Wolf & Gypsy's.
    Sorry I missed having a chance to visit, too. I saw Maricella and the boys on the sidewalk when I was walking in the parade. The boys seemed to be having an okay time. (Okay, they were laughing their heads off.) I went to the other side of the street to get out of range.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    Sorry I missed having a chance to visit, too. I saw Maricella and the boys on the sidewalk when I was walking in the parade. The boys seemed to be having an okay time. (Okay, they were laughing their heads off.) I went to the other side of the street to get out of range.
    Put a red circle on your calendar for the first weekend in Dec and I'll put us on a southbound Christmas Party again this year.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    Put a red circle on your calendar for the first weekend in Dec and I'll put us on a southbound Christmas Party again this year.
    Will do. Looking forward to it!
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006

Natty Boh, Baldylocks, Sleepy the Arab, 42, She-Bear, Soul Live, Dirt, Grey Fox, Leprachaun, Slim, Model-T, Ranger Dawg, Bama, Windtalker, Mom, Mouse, Baro, H-Bomb and i (Shasta) were all there. I know that we saw a few more as well that I"ve missed. There are A LOT from our group out hiking the PCT right now. It was great to see a few of us and even better to hear about so many more- we've all kept in touch through the grapevine.

It would be kind of neat to get a roll call going as I'm curious as to who we might have missed. We stayed out of town this year instead of Tent City.

I was there, and I saw a bunch of other '06ers, they were around, although definitely less then last year. Hopefully there will be more in the future, although I doubt it. I figure the best strategy is to hike again and then you will know more people and know more at trail days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Natty Boh, Baldylocks, Sleepy the Arab, 42, She-Bear, Soul Live, Dirt, Grey Fox, Leprachaun, Slim, Model-T, Ranger Dawg, Bama, Windtalker, Mom, Mouse, Baro, H-Bomb and i (Shasta) were all there. I know that we saw a few more as well that I"ve missed. There are A LOT from our group out hiking the PCT right now. It was great to see a few of us and even better to hear about so many more- we've all kept in touch through the grapevine.

It would be kind of neat to get a roll call going as I'm curious as to who we might have missed. We stayed out of town this year instead of Tent City.
    And Knock-knock. And Piñata.
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

Images

The two that I knew were Combat and Sanford. I go by Grizzly Bear

Default In addition to those listed...

I also saw Superman, Mrs. Gorp, and Matthewski... Though Matthewski's out hiking again this year...

I forgot Carbomb and Lichen.
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

Default I couldn't go...

Quote Originally Posted by mnof1000v View Post
    To me, it seemed like '06 was underrepresented at Trail Days... Please tell me my perception was incorrect.
    Couldn't get off work, frack it.

Oh, well, am saving up money for my next hike.

Journal Entries

Also Sourdough, Karuna Miel, Stumpknocker, Happy Feet, TCBY, Brainfreeze, Frosty, Upload & Stitches, Bear, Wild Bill, Sweet Tea & Slugger, and yours truly.

Windtalker and Mom got the 2006 Trail Days banner from Too Much and Enuff when recently in Colorado (from 2006). We'll have it at trail days this year. Many of us are on Facebook.

Johnny Appleseed was NOT there. I have been absent from hiking. Might need to make a comeback. PCT '11.

++ New Posts ++