WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
    Images

He was a she?

Registered User Frolicking Dinosaurs's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by dessertrat View Post
    I would add that if you don't have much experience with thirst and dehydration, you may seriously fear that you will die of thirst if you are out there away from water, even if you are not in real danger yet. That is one of the downsides to being a novice.
    I was aware of the effects of thirst and dehydration and water was plentiful - that wasn't my concern. I was out during a period when few hike and alone (He-Dino and I had a huge spat and I got stupid )

My leg got so exhausted it would not support me even after rest so I knew it would take days to hobble / crawl out and I was very limited on what I could carry unless I dragged my bag. Ultimately, I was found by hunter who got me to his four-wheeler via a deer sled and took me out on the four-wheeler.

Journal Entries
    Images

Most of the time I would not say a thing, However, I did see something like this at the bottom of the Pinnicle. After a day of hiking I worked my way down the mountain below the college observatories. There was less than an hour left of light, only to run into a couple of greenhorns just starting out and this was the beginning winter. They were heading up the steep climb I had just come down. The Pinnicle is several miles away and I asked about their trip and that was where they were headed with day packs.... I didn't say anything, My dad (age 70) didn't hold back and told them that the best they could do was hill top and have to come straight back down as night was coming and it would be very cold & windy. Didn't seem to bother them, they kept going up.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

GA - Central PA 1977
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mudhead View Post
    He was a she?
    .....Not that there`s anything wrong with that
    Sometimes you can't hear them talk..Other times you can.
    The same old cliches.."Is that a woman or a man?"
    You always seem out-numbered..You don't dare make a stand.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
++ New Posts ++