WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Images

You were just stating your opinion, kind of messed up that you got "BANNED". As for dogs, I think it all depends on the attitude of the owner. Almost every time I met a dog owner, they asked if I minded if the dog was wherever they were. Courtesy by dog owners goes a long way. Additionally, people really do need to learn to have more tolerance towards others. This is especially true at shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    "a responsible, courteous dog owner would never think of letting their dog sleep in a shelter". i got banned from Trailplace for saying that by the over-zealous moderator, 7Sisters. same old Trailplace he says that is a broad, general statement. i say it's a no brainer. dogs DO NOT belong in shelters. period. so yes or no. dogs in shelters?
    Given your thoughts on shelters seems like it should not be an issue. And I can't imagine why you would be " banned for obnoxiousness and causing arguements" I think in the latest JB/WD....LW set to someone asked why this site could not be more like.... and then named a couple of sites. I think one of his concerns was that it did not look "good ? " for WB when new/other/ ( I forget the term) logged onto this site. After that I spent some time checking (under who's online) to see where people were looking (particularly guests) and noticed that few ,if any, guests(or regulars for that matter) bothered with the more contentious threads. I also noticed that the other sites had fewer members and fewer people online at any given time. I think someone pointed out that the diversity of this site is what attracts the large number of people. Some people want a site with no strong statements (or personallites) and that is the way the set up their site. Even here (WB) there is some level of what is acceptabe ( seems like someone locked the last BJ/WD discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    Wolf, I'm not as hard-line as you on this subject; I've had both good and bad experiences with dogs in shelters - I think it's situational.

But I'm more concerned that TrailPlace banned you for asserting as you did on the grounds it's a "broad, general statement." Rather specious rationale if you ask me. Are you sure your post there didn't say ******?
    Situational (depends) - should have been an option. If everybody at the shelter has a dog( or likes dogs) chances are the dogs will be in the shelter. (Disclosure - I have a dog. We don't like to stay in shelters. )

in the thread in question i used no swear words and was banned for obnoxiousness and causing arguements. discussion on Trailplace is not welcome. i just kept repeating my stance. 7sisters and the others are dog owners so thier little feelings are hurt i guess
    " i just kept repeating my stance" might have been the problem. Was not sure how to quote a post from another thread so I copied and pasted the quote below. I think this link will get you there.
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...rta#post632177

Right on Marta!

warren doyle
    Warren Doyle
    Year of thru-hike: 1973;75;77;80;90;95;2000;05;

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marta
    Do you really want my opinion?

Well here it is:

I think that if someone suggests something you disagree with, that you state your opinion on the matter.

Example:

Hiker #1: "I like the XXX water filter."

Hiker #2: "I don't filter my water."

Hiker #1: "Aren't you concerned about giardia?"

Hiker #2: "No."

And that's the end of the discussion.

YOU DROP THE SUBJECT.

You DO NOT continue to badger and beleager and waste space on the subject.

You DO NOT suggest that the original poster is some sort of idiot or imbecile or criminal, even if you think it's true. Keep that opinion to yourself and off the internet, more specifically, keep it off Whiteblaze.
    Right on Marta!
    www.warrendoyle.com

Default dogs in shelters

Only dogs that are trained for a special needs person should be allowed to stay in shelters. Only people with special needs should want to stay in a shelter. People who stay in shelters are funny looking and ruin everything.

Yeah, I do that on a lot of things ...I start of good but then fade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post
    No kidding. When the dog took my dinner was I supposed to say "Hey no problem! I wasn't hungry after hiking all day."
    No. You say, "get your G-D dogs out of the shelter. Now!"

Failure to do that, but complaining on the internet weeks later elicits little sympathy.

LW, what's the rest of the story? You were stirring the pot? Testing the waters? Weren't you?

I mean, you don't even stay in shelters. What do you care about this issue?? C'mon. Come clean Brother Wolf.

any responsible, courteous dog owner wouldn't think of staying in a shelter with their dog.

Images

And then you ask for their grub.

Hey LW. What did you really do? Fess up now. Any weenie calling? Does 7sisters use Lekis? C'mon, the truth will set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    LW, what's the rest of the story? You were stirring the pot? Testing the waters? Weren't you?

I mean, you don't even stay in shelters. What do you care about this issue?? C'mon. Come clean Brother Wolf.
    no. just stating my opinion where all the posters were dog owners including the type A moderator. if you don't agree with him you get deleted.

i don't stay in shelters. Ahole dog owners are one of many reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by mudhead View Post
    And then you ask for their grub.

Hey LW. What did you really do? Fess up now. Any weenie calling? Does 7sisters use Lekis? C'mon, the truth will set you free.
    go to trailplace and see for yourself.

Images

any responsible, courteous dog owner wouldn't think of staying in a shelter with their dog.
    Or joining a discussion on Trailplace. Stay with your peeps at WB.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

"a responsible, courteous dog owner would never think of letting their dog sleep in a shelter". i got banned from Trailplace for saying that by the over-zealous moderator, 7Sisters. same old Trailplace he says that is a broad, general statement. i say it's a no brainer. dogs DO NOT belong in shelters. period. so yes or no. dogs in shelters?
    Nothing higher on the evolutionary ladder than mice should be sleeping in shelters.

Images

I understand why you wouldn't want dogs in the shelters but where would you draw the line?
    No snorers?
    No REALLY smelly hikers?
    No one with bad gas?
    No one who gets up too early?

go to trailplace and say that
    Done. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe View Post
    I understand why you wouldn't want dogs in the shelters but where would you draw the line?
    No snorers?
    No REALLY smelly hikers?
    No one with bad gas?
    the AT and shelters were built for humans not canines. they don't belong in shelters. period

Quote Originally Posted by jersey joe View Post
    No snorers?
    No REALLY smelly hikers?
    No one with bad gas?
    That's easy. No one who wants to put up with any of that.

EXACTLY!

in the thread in question i used no swear words and was banned for obnoxiousness and causing arguements. discussion on Trailplace is not welcome. i just kept repeating my stance. 7sisters and the others are dog owners so thier little feelings are hurt i guess
    Banned for just being you huh?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    That's easy. No one who wants to put up with any of that.
    Ah, yes, but that implies that all of those things should be allowed. If you want to control your environment on the trail, pitch a tent.

Default dogs in shelters

Trailplace had an accepted platform of trail dogma. Half the atteraction to Trailplace was to see people run afoul of the dogma. Then the person would wind up getting banned. Some folks left with grace but then there were the others. My recollection is that trailplace was just not going to accept the changes that were coming along on the trail.

"If thru-hiking isn't the most important thing in your life at the time
    you are doing it, then stop doing it and go do what is." --Wingfoot

If you told trailplace that you had to hike with a cell phone because of a elderly, sick parent you would be told to wait until the person croaked so you could leave your cell phone at home.

I kind of like trailplace...it reminded me of a DI that I had a long time ago.

Images

Common courtesy is sadly lacking sometimes.

People should have the choice of being near a domestic animal.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++