WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    it wasn't unattended. he walked away for a few seconds. don't know what he did with the grease. so you're defending the dog's and the owner's actions? that's fine
    No, I'm questioning why anyone would need to fry up bacon in the Springer parking Lot. Seems to me, the only reason would be to feed a reputation for irreverence.

"a responsible, courteous dog owner would never think of letting their dog sleep in a shelter". i got banned from Trailplace for saying that by the over-zealous moderator, 7Sisters. same old Trailplace he says that is a broad, general statement. i say it's a no brainer. dogs DO NOT belong in shelters. period. so yes or no. dogs in shelters?
    cuz when i did use them way back in the day dog owners were very inconsiderate and let them run loose creating havoc. nothing has changed. dog owners like yourself are very biased and don't see the big picture
    i sometimes hike with three dogs at a time. they are all trail-trained but i do not take them around people as they are dogs and some people don't like dogs. period. why would a dog owner EVER force their dog(s) on somebody else? that's just irresponsible. if we even pass other hikers, the dogs and i go YARDS off trail until they pass.
    as for shelters, i hate shelters. they suck. but even if i did use them, my dogs would not be in them. i wouldn't want somebody else's dogs slobbering on my sh**.
    so, no. no dogs in shelters. ever. for any reason. if it's raining, you should have brought a tent.

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    i sometimes hike with three dogs at a time. they are all trail-trained but i do not take them around people as they are dogs and some people don't like dogs. period. why would a dog owner EVER force their dog(s) on somebody else? that's just irresponsible. if we even pass other hikers, the dogs and i go YARDS off trail until they pass.
    as for shelters, i hate shelters. they suck. but even if i did use them, my dogs would not be in them. i wouldn't want somebody else's dogs slobbering on my sh**.
    so, no. no dogs in shelters. ever. for any reason. if it's raining, you should have brought a tent.
    you get it. some dog owners never will

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    No, I'm questioning why anyone would need to fry up bacon in the Springer parking Lot. Seems to me, the only reason would be to feed a reputation for irreverence.
    frying bacon ain't the point. an unleashed dog getting into somebody's food is the issue. guess you'll never understand. and for the record matty had words with the owner. the owner didn't care

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    because bacon is AWESOME!!

frying bacon ain't the point.
    I'm not a groupie, so I can say those things.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jessebrent View Post
    No. If you bring your dog. do not stay in the shelter. Its bad manners. A lot of people are shy, and will not tell how they really feel, they would rather put up with the dog, than cause controversy. Same thing about smoking. Don't ask if its alright, just get up and walk away and have your smoke.

Lone Wolf is right. This is a no brainier.
    oh I agree.... I was just pointing out the dog owner should be the one who is accommodating, not the other way around.

Did they perminately ban your account? That is alittle unjust considering mechanical man was shooting me with all those questions. His posts were more arguementive and more rude then yours were.

Actually yours werent even rude now that i think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    Did they perminately ban your account? That is alittle unjust considering mechanical man was shooting me with all those questions. His posts were more arguementive and more rude then yours were.
    MM is in the clique. he stirs up the most crap on that website. he gets a pass i guess. boring site anyway. heavily moderated like the old site

1000+ miles down, 1000+ miles to go

Quote Originally Posted by hikingPA View Post
    -i wouldn't bring a dog in a shelter to sleep, but wouldn't have any trouble bringing em in for lunch or dinner.
    Do you prefer your dogs with bar-b-que sauce or ketchup?
    "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
    But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute--and it's longer than any hour.
    That's relativity." --Albert Einstein--

MM is in the clique. he stirs up the most crap on that website. he gets a pass i guess. boring site anyway. heavily moderated like the old site

I like trailplace because it is small. Here is great 2 because of all the awesome info and resources. But yeah, definately unfair ban.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiter View Post
    To add to this NO ONE WHO GETS UP BEFORE 5:30AM SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO STAY IN SHELTERS
    I say no one who does not have the tolerance to deal with someone waking up at 5:30 am should stay in a shelter.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RadioFreq View Post
    Do you prefer your dogs with bar-b-que sauce or ketchup?
    Mustard & Sour kraut
    If you don't make waves, it means you ain't paddling

Quote Originally Posted by envirodiver View Post
    Mustard & Sour kraut
    stop your making me hungry!

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Mustard & Sour kraut
    I miss these dogs. Based on what it does to the GI tract, they should NOT be allowed in shelters.

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Mustard & Sour kraut
    yum! add onions on mine, please!

What did the Buddha say to the hot dog vendor? "Make me one with everything."

Images

Omm my God. Should have seen that coming. Deja vu, make that Dijon vu on the dogs... Should have seen that coming. Wait I did.
    "That's the thing about possum innards - they's just as good the second day." - Jed Clampett

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    I miss these dogs. Based on what it does to the GI tract, they should NOT be allowed in shelters.

Those look most excellent. Blame the after effects (after looking around in wonderment) on barking spiders.
    If you don't make waves, it means you ain't paddling

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++