WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Woodstock, NH

Just Passin' Thru.... Kozmic Zian's Avatar
    Images

Default Woodstock, NH

Yea....Woodstock. Great Lil' Trail Town. Couple of nice Restaurant/Barrrs in Town. Wonderful Outfitter, very friendly to hikers (of course) will shuttle for free. Hotel in town is clean, rooms comfy. Bathrooms clean. Like a bit of the 'Ole World'. Great place to come into after either Moosilaukee, or the Kinsmans and Lonesome Lake in Franconia Notch. I found the Hitching in NH to be good, getting rides with helpful and friendly folks. The Outfitter shuttled me right back to Kinsman Notch, after a great stay, a visit to the Barrr, and a chance to get my strength back after a fairly rugged few days from Hanover.
    Kozmic Zian@ :cool: ' My father considered a walk in the woods as equivalent to churchgoing'. ALDOUS HUXLEY

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kozmic Zian
    Yea....Woodstock. Great Lil' Trail Town. Couple of nice Restaurant/Barrrs in Town. Wonderful Outfitter, very friendly to hikers (of course) will shuttle for free. Hotel in town is clean, rooms comfy. Bathrooms clean. Like a bit of the 'Ole World'. Great place to come into after either Moosilaukee, or the Kinsmans and Lonesome Lake in Franconia Notch. I found the Hitching in NH to be good, getting rides with helpful and friendly folks. The Outfitter shuttled me right back to Kinsman Notch, after a great stay, a visit to the Barrr, and a chance to get my strength back after a fairly rugged few days from Hanover.
    Also a great Lil' Town to live in. The Woodstock Station and Truants are both great for Lunch and Dinner with friendly local bars. The Station brews its own beer and also serves a swanky breakfast. Peg's is my favorite for Breakfast and Lunch: diner fare there. The Carriage Motel is on Main Street as is the infamous Cascade Lodge Tourists Rooms. The Cascade Lodge is the local cheap place to stay and the rooms reflect the price so I've heard. There are more Hotels and Motels on Route 3 north between town and Franconia Notch. The closest outfitters are in Lincoln about 1 to 2 miles east on Route 112; KZ's luck with shuttling may not be the norm. I think The Cascade Lodge shuttles its guests if asked. Lincoln has the local grocery store, ski shops, movie theater and pharmacy. Post offices in both towns. Woodstock has a good convenience store: Waynes, great selection but limited quantities. Great swimming in the Pemi River at Cascade Park across the street from The Station. Laundromat on Main Street too. N. Woodstock is equal distant from Kinsman and Franconia Notches. The road crossing at Franconia is at the junction of Interstate 93 and Route three as they enter the narrow notch. The jumble of roads and on ramps can be confusing.

In 1990 I stayed in the Kangamagus Motor Lodge (or is it Motor Inn?). It was in Lincoln, just East of N. Woodstock on Rt. 112. I don't know if it exists anymore, but it was a great stay with steam bath unit in shower. Very nice for sore muscles. I forget what the price range was, but I'd say it was moderate. Owner shuttled me to grocery store and back. May be worth looking into, esp. if you like steam baths.

Phoenix

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix7
    In 1990 I stayed in the Kangamagus Motor Lodge (or is it Motor Inn?). It was in Lincoln, just East of N. Woodstock on Rt. 112. I don't know if it exists anymore, but it was a great stay with steam bath unit in shower. Very nice for sore muscles. I forget what the price range was, but I'd say it was moderate. Owner shuttled me to grocery store and back. May be worth looking into, esp. if you like steam baths.

Phoenix
    The Kancamagus Motor Lodge is still there. Its about three miles from North Woodstock on the east side of Lincoln. A very nice place. They have expanded and improved a lot in the last five years. An old outdoor pool is now an indoor pool. A sports bar has been built in the enlarged basement and the restaurant, Brittney's, is a very good sit down dining room.

http://www.kancmotorlodge.com/

++ New Posts ++