WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Registered User Fat Man Walking's Avatar
    Images

Default And from the stupid question department....

I'm sure that this has been asked ad nausium but, do the waysides and camping stores take debit/credit cards? Trying to limit the cash I take with me.

Thanks.
    "Like the confluence of two streams, dreams & reality are joined, flowing as one. I know how lucky I am." - Cody GA-ME 2010

The waysides definitly take credit/debit cards (with a minimum charge of course) The first campground I came across, the camp store did not take credit cards so you may want have at least some cash on you...

May want to have cash when you go by UJ's.

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    May want to have cash when you go by UJ's.
    Uncalled for. UJ didn't do anything wrong.

Images

Default Another Stupid Question

UJ's?

Uhhhhh what's that?
    "Like the confluence of two streams, dreams & reality are joined, flowing as one. I know how lucky I am." - Cody GA-ME 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Man Walking View Post
    UJ's?

Uhhhhh what's that?

Uuh, never mind... a reference to a recent Whiteblaze train wreck. Pay it no mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Man Walking View Post
    UJ's?

Uhhhhh what's that?
    It's NA in your case since your question involved Shenendoah. And yes, the concessions all take credit cards.

The park is great any time of year. Have a nice hike.

Images

Exclamation

Not a stupid question at all.

Although the ATC Guidebook for the SNP says the Panorama "wayside" is open and serving food, don't you believe it for one minute. When we hiked through last summer, it had been closed for years. No signs warning us, no nothing.

Also, the word "wayside" can mean anything from the full-service Big Meadows to Tom Floyd Wayside, which is nothing more than a regular AT shelter hut. So, beware how the term "wayside" is bandied around. It seems to have no particular meaning you can rely on.

In other words, you're on the right track, asking lots of "stupid" questions, about the SNP.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

I agree - your question is not stupid at all.

And Rain Man's point about Panorama illustrates the limitation of the official guide books. Are you using the ALDHA Companion which has much more up-to-date information?

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    Uncalled for. UJ didn't do anything wrong.
    Oh....OK. My bad. Take it all back. Based on knowledge I've gained from this website....If I ever go to UJ's, I'll take cash. Thanks for the heads up.

Images

Not a stupid question! I wish I had known... Cash only at a grocery store in AL on my Pinhoti hike! Have a great hike!
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Images

Default Oh Ok it is what I thought that it was.

I was kind of wondering when he moved up from Erwin and How he'd gotten permission from the Feds to open a store on the AT in the park.

You know, it's really pretty pathetic when folks take it upon themselves to take something that can be so helpful and informative for folks and turn it into a cesspool. Seems like this happens all over the internet. Sad really.

To those of you who offered answers to my questions many thanks and I hope that all of your vistas are clear and endless.

To those of you who chose to use this as a bully pulpit. Shame on you. I'm sure that your mother raised you better than that.

I don't know the specifics of who takes cc's and who doesn't but as a precaution i always carry $40 on me, that should be enough to get you to somewhere that does take a card and they might have an atm to stock ur $40 back. Even restrict it to $20, but always carry a little cash and use your card where you can

++ New Posts ++