Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65
  1. #21

    Default

    Will bring the steak for all.

  2. #22
    A friend 2 all notorius tic's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-25-2007
    Location
    Bradenton Beach, Florida, United States
    Age
    45
    Posts
    279
    Images
    38

    Default

    I am glad they are keeping this 1 Alive.. There are bunch of us FlatFLanders here that enjoy the HIKE...

  3. #23

    Default

    FL, will buckle many up north on only a 15 mi in aug.

  4. #24
    Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-04-2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,016
    Images
    222

    Default

    I have hiked all but 20 miles of FL. It is NOT all flat and far from boring, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. the ecosystem changes every other day sometimes in the same day. No big mountains to climb and not much company in the way of other hikers. Interesting wildlife, beautiful flora and fauna. A few more roads then I would like but the association is working on that as best they can.

    This year we had 9 (6M/3F) thur-hikers that I have paperwork on. I know that there were a few others who did not apply for End-to-End status.

    Sue/Hammock Hanger
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

    http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-19-2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    169
    Images
    20

    Default

    HH - I agree!
    Glad to hear that there are folks thru hiking and having a wonderful experience.
    What 20 miles have you not hiked?
    www.kevinmims.com
    Read the VISIT FLORIDA Outdoors & Nature Blog: http://bit.ly/9jtcnr

  6. #26
    Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-04-2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,016
    Images
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    HH - I agree!
    Glad to hear that there are folks thru hiking and having a wonderful experience.
    What 20 miles have you not hiked?
    There is a section in the Apalachicola Nat'l Forest. From Villa Campsite north to FR 314 (I don't have my book so not sure exactly what the road was that we (Little Bear and Beaufort) started at on my last hike.

    It is almost a 4 hour ride from my house and out in the middle of nowhere, which is why it has not yet been finished. I hate having a measly 20 miles holding me back from finishing!!
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

    http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammock Hanger View Post
    There is a section in the Apalachicola Nat'l Forest. From Villa Campsite north to FR 314 (I don't have my book so not sure exactly what the road was that we (Little Bear and Beaufort) started at on my last hike.

    It is almost a 4 hour ride from my house and out in the middle of nowhere, which is why it has not yet been finished. I hate having a measly 20 miles holding me back from finishing!!

    All in good time my Dear. Glad to hear your knee is feeling better.

  8. #28
    Registered User Knocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-25-2008
    Location
    North Central FL
    Age
    73
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BumpJumper View Post
    Anytime yall are hiking up near the Ocala Forest section, give me a shout. I am not far and do some shuttling for the hikers out of Juniper. I am sure ready to hike some more myself....who wants to go with me?
    I am up in Gainesville, and do a bit of hiking in the Ocala National Forest myself. A few friends from around Florida are going to join me at Juniper Springs in Sept, for a two night stroll through the scrub.

  9. #29
    Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-04-2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,016
    Images
    222

    Default Knee - Fingers crossed...

    Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    All in good time my Dear. Glad to hear your knee is feeling better.

    I have been through 2 regimes of PT.
    Changed my anti-inflammatory 3 times (finally found one that seems to work).
    Have had an MRI (it showed NO tears).
    Had a cork lift made for my shoe that forces me to put more pressure on the outer knee vs the inner knee bone, which is where the majority of the bone spurs are. (Looks like a 3 inch blade on a saw. OUCH!)
    Had a cortisone injection.
    Heading back to the Dr on Wed, hoping that he will start the Synvisc injections.

    I have not been out to hike since you and Mark got me safely off the trail. Many invites but I have been to chicken to give it a try.
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

    http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-11-2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Age
    65
    Posts
    7,159
    Images
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knocky View Post
    I am up in Gainesville, and do a bit of hiking in the Ocala National Forest myself. A few friends from around Florida are going to join me at Juniper Springs in Sept, for a two night stroll through the scrub.
    from Gainesville!!
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BumpJumper View Post
    Anytime yall are hiking up near the Ocala Forest section, give me a shout. I am not far and do some shuttling for the hikers out of Juniper. I am sure ready to hike some more myself....who wants to go with me?
    That's the section I want to do. Maybe this winter. I'll give you a shout.

  12. #32
    Registered User greentick's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-03-2005
    Location
    Deep South
    Age
    50
    Posts
    797
    Images
    204

    Default

    I justed moved to Kingsland/St Mary's just across teh border. I'll try to make a get together (I work alot of weekends).
    nous défions

  13. #33
    Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-04-2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,016
    Images
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greentick18d View Post
    I justed moved to Kingsland/St Mary's just across teh border. I'll try to make a get together (I work alot of weekends).
    Hello neighbor. I live 30 minutes down the road in JAX. Have you been over to Cumberland Island yet. Pretty place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    That's the section I want to do. Maybe this winter. I'll give you a shout.
    Winter is the best time to hike the Ocala. -- Come February the 7-70 hike is going to cross Eglin AFB. One of the prettiest hikes in FL. You should check it out.
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

    http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammock Hanger View Post
    Hello neighbor. I live 30 minutes down the road in JAX. Have you been over to Cumberland Island yet. Pretty place.

    Winter is the best time to hike the Ocala. -- Come February the 7-70 hike is going to cross Eglin AFB. One of the prettiest hikes in FL. You should check it out.
    Hey HH, what's the 7-70 hike? Is Elgin near Ocala? Sorry I don't have a guidebook or maps yet.

    Also, I agree Cumberland Island is a great place.

  15. #35
    Registered User greentick's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-03-2005
    Location
    Deep South
    Age
    50
    Posts
    797
    Images
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammock Hanger View Post
    Hello neighbor. I live 30 minutes down the road in JAX. Have you been over to Cumberland Island yet. Pretty place.

    Winter is the best time to hike the Ocala. -- Come February the 7-70 hike is going to cross Eglin AFB. One of the prettiest hikes in FL. You should check it out.
    Going to Cumberland this week for an overnighter with my brother and some of our kids. Unfortunately the fire has shut down the backcountry campsites. I look forward to going in the future with my younger kids (4,3,1, and one on the way).
    nous défions

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-11-2005
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Age
    65
    Posts
    7,159
    Images
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BumpJumper View Post
    Anytime yall are hiking up near the Ocala Forest section, give me a shout. I am not far and do some shuttling for the hikers out of Juniper. I am sure ready to hike some more myself....who wants to go with me?

    I'll go anywhere you say. Just don't forget the handcuffs this time.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

  17. #37
    Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-04-2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,016
    Images
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Hey HH, what's the 7-70 hike? Is Elgin near Ocala? Sorry I don't have a guidebook or maps yet.

    Also, I agree Cumberland Island is a great place.
    Eglin is over in the Panhandle. The 7-70 hike is 70 miles in 7 days. Not hardcore hiking but there are always some newbies and this allows them to hike and pick the brain of the more experienced. Pretty area.
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

    http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

  18. #38
    Registered User BumpJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-06-2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Age
    61
    Posts
    895
    Images
    23

    Default

    Gray...you are a nut.

    Ok guys, when are we going to have another get together?
    |.............| Put this on your
    |... *..*....| profile if you have
    |....\o/.....| ever walked into a
    |.....|......| Patio Door that was
    |..../.\.....| CLOSED!!!!!!
    |.............|

  19. #39
    Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-04-2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,016
    Images
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BumpJumper View Post
    Gray...you are a nut.

    Ok guys, when are we going to have another get together?
    I would love to try and make this one... I will be out of the country from mid-September to the end of October.

    If it turns out to be when I return make sure you shoot me an email, as I do not always visit WB.

    Of course the kids are suppose to be playing nice these days, so I will visit more often.
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

    http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

  20. #40
    Registered User BumpJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-06-2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Age
    61
    Posts
    895
    Images
    23

    Default

    I will be sure to do that Sue.
    Hey, anything on if we are going to try the Suannee for Thanksgiving?
    |.............| Put this on your
    |... *..*....| profile if you have
    |....\o/.....| ever walked into a
    |.....|......| Patio Door that was
    |..../.\.....| CLOSED!!!!!!
    |.............|

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •