WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default I guess Osprey flew away.?

So I have an Osprey Aether 70. The problem is that I am between sizes. I need a medium pack with a small hip belt though I didn't realize how bad it was until hiking a bit. At Trail Days I talked to the rep about this. He said that it would be no problem and said they would switch out the pack and keep the hip belt the same. I was not expecting them to do this at all. He also said that there was no rush, that they would be there through Sunday afternoon. Of course when Sunday came around they were gone. As many of you know I have back issues and the suspension on this pack helps me tremendously so this disappointed me greatly. So I sent them an email, with no response, and another, and another. I haven't so much as gotten an email saying that they can't help me. I wonder if Osprey is really owned by North Face? Is that their excuse for poor customer service?

Osprey is independent, is privately owned, and has no connection with The North Face.

I've had Ospreys for over a decade and never had a problem with either the product or their customer service department.

Osprey is now one of the three most common packs seen on the Trail, and for good reason: They make great stuff and the vast majority of their customers are very happy with their products, tho as with anything else, one can't please everybody.

If your correspondence with the company was as whiny, childish, and bitchy as your latest post, Jason, I'd have been tempted to ignore it, too.

He probably smelled like rope, so they told him to come back on Sunday when they knew they would be gone.

Is your life really that miserable that you feel the need to try and belittle everyone around you, man? What is childish about wanting a rep to do what he told me or atleast get an email of some acknowledgement? Yes, it is a good product but does that give them the right to ignore someone who just bought two packs from them a couple of months ago? To me that's bad business. The North Face comment was a joke. If you don't know North Face is nitorious for poor customer service not to mention the fact that they give absolutely nothing back to the hiking community in which the overcharge for their ok gear. Go back to bed Jack.

Let me add to my first post, which is retrospect, was kind of rough on Jason.

The possibility exists that they never got your E-Mails. Did you ever try calling them? Personal contact often works better than a letter or E-Mail. You can reach them for free at 866-284-7830, Monday thru Friday, Mountain Time.

More contact info is available, if necessary, at www.ospreypacks.com

OK, fine. I take it back. My first post wasn't tough enough.

Yep, I think that the next time that I cross your path on the path we should thumb wrestle this out to see who the bigger man is.

Having some knowledge of how businesses work, they often refuse to deal with those who come off all whinny. Why? Because they know they can never win, so why should they spend and time, effort or money on the losers? I don't know what you wrote them, but if it is anything like you wrote here, it is not so surprising that they have wrote you off.

Sorry, I missed the email part. Yes, definitely call them and don't freaking b*tch.

Oh, I haven't even begun to b$tch, but I can.

Many companies offer email support. Few are able to get it right because they quickly get flooded.

Of that, believe me, we have no doubt.

So I'm a loser? Would you care to compare lives??
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    Having some knowledge of how businesses work, they often refuse to deal with those who come off all whinny. Why? Because they know they can never win, so why should they spend and time, effort or money on the losers? I don't know what you wrote them, but if it is anything like you wrote here, it is not so surprising that they have wrote you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason of the Woods View Post
    Oh, I haven't even begun to b$tch, but I can.
    Like I said, you b*tch, you lose. Try being nice for a change, you would be surprised how many would go out of their way to help.

All we need to do is compare your posts.

TM is coming off as calm, rational, co-operative.

You're coming off like a petulant whiner.

Dude, try knowing someone before you name call. Now you are starting to eat at me. Don't be an A%$!
    Like I said, you b*tch, you lose. Try being nice for a change, you would be surprised how many would go out of their way to help.

TM isn't the one being an ass here, Jason.

You started this thread for one reason only: to make Osprey look bad.

And you've failed.

The only one on this thread who looks bad right now is YOU.

Stop whining so much, it's unseemly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason of the Woods View Post
    Dude, try knowing someone before you name call. Now you are starting to eat at me. Don't be an A%$!
    I didn't call you any names, but I can. Freaking Stoner.

And I have read enough of your posts to know you as a whiner. Stop whinning, it ain't that hard and it will win you more assistance than constitently berating everyone who doesn't behave the way you want them to.

Tell me Jack why it is that I look bad? I called out Osprey so that other consumers would know how I've been treated. You two are the ones who attacked me out of the gate. Really man get a life. Aren't you hiking or did it get too rough?

And I have read enough of your posts to know you as a whiner. Stop whinning...
    I've read enough of your posts to know that you're an ankle-biting poodle... yap yap

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++