Hi all, hope all is well.I just wanted to say a few things about the area I live in(above Roan mnt. town) First ,for the most part the local people are very nice and will help hikers. I give hikers rides into town on a regular basis.However there are elements of the local population that are always looking for someone to mess with.Hell these red necks get thier kicks by getting drunk and beating the **** of eachother,so if they look like red necks they could be trouble. Secondly,these dumb asses only have to hear about some story involving the USFS,the trail and hikers to think the government is stealing thier land(land they don't even own or have anything to do with). This is not the case,I myself have had to sell an easement to the USFS.It took the USFS awhile to get the details hammered out (7 years)and they were ******** in thier approch toward us but when it was all said and done it wasn't a bad deal.We still own the land and can do most what ever we would like with it with a few exceptions and recieved about 80% of the value of the property for the easement.So in conclusion I think it's stupidity(the assumption of some wrong doing) that leads to bad attitudes towards the trail.The crazy thing is the same people that hate the trail and hikers are the types that trash thier own land with junk and garbage.No wonder the USFS wants the land.