WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: suggestions?

Default suggestions?

got most of saturday and all of sunday to pound on some dirt. any suggestions for a loop hike in GA under 20-25 miles? (with gas the way it is, we only want to use one vehicle).
    much appreciated!

Coosa Backcountry Trail out of Vogel State Park. Side trip out & back on the Duncan Ridge Trail a ways if you want some more mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by deeddawg View Post
    Coosa Backcountry Trail out of Vogel State Park. Side trip out & back on the Duncan Ridge Trail a ways if you want some more mileage.
    i think we might. i did consider it earlier but i thought it would be too crowded this time of year.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by deeddawg View Post
    I did this on Monday solo. Great ALL day hike. Check out my trip report on the Coosa Backcountry thread. Do the clockwise route and get the big climbs done in the morning hours.
    Moses

No crowds on this trail! Monday, I had all to myself. If you get to Vogel State Park too late, the rangers will not issue a permit. Be prepared for an overnight. The rangers like it if you are!
    Moses

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmountainman View Post
    I did this on Monday solo. Great ALL day hike. Check out my trip report on the Coosa Backcountry thread. Do the clockwise route and get the big climbs done in the morning hours.
    i did! that's what made me consider it. great update, btw. i think we will go clockwise since i've actually never done it that way. we really want to stay out overnight, tho. you know, get away!!

You GO Girl!! And GO DAWGS!!! Big GAME TONIGHT!!!
    Moses

you Go Girl!! And Go Dawgs!!! Big Game Tonight!!!
    Woof!woof!woof! Sic 'em!!!

how many miles does the drt part add in? think we can get it done no sweat in a day and a half?

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    how many miles does the drt part add in? think we can get it done no sweat in a day and a half?
    The DRT and the Coosa share the same route. The only side trip on the DRT is to the summit of Coosa Bald @ .2 mile. Probably not worth taking in the summer.... but that's just me. Day and half will get "er done.... there will be sweat required!!! Get your water where you can and stay hydrated! DRT is blue blazed... Coosa is yellow... you'll see both blazes where the route is shared. Total miles...12.9
    Moses

The DRT and the Coosa share the same route. The only side trip on the DRT is to the summit of Coosa Bald @ .2 mile. Probably not worth taking in the summer.... but that's just me. Day and half will get "er done.... there will be sweat required!!! Get your water where you can and stay hydrated! DRT is blue blazed... Coosa is yellow... you'll see both blazes where the route is shared. Total miles...12.9
    awesome! thank you!

++ New Posts ++