WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Split:Canoeing around roadwalks

Very cool! Where can I get a map? Can some of the road walks be substituted by canoeing anywhere?

geek

Images

No problem Jim!

There are maps available to download at the IAPTF site, I believe. You can also buy the IAT atlas there.

As far as canoeing, I am sure that would be a reasonable option in many areas, WI has no shortage of rivers. The Mecan River is one area that immediately comes to mind, but that is such a pretty area to hike I almost hate to recommend canoeing it.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Canoeing

Quote Originally Posted by IceAge View Post
    No problem Jim!

There are maps available to download at the IAPTF site, I believe. You can also buy the IAT atlas there.

As far as canoeing, I am sure that would be a reasonable option in many areas, WI has no shortage of rivers. The Mecan River is one area that immediately comes to mind, but that is such a pretty area to hike I almost hate to recommend canoeing it.
    Great job! Thanks.
    I'll look into a few of the rivers this side of the IAT (southeast Wisconsin). One discovery I made is that the east branch of the Rock River is only 15 miles west of West Bend. It looks like one can put in at Theresa Marsh Wildlife area, meander around for awhile and end up in Horicon Marsh. I'll check the mileage between the IAT and the marsh.
    http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/...as/theresa.htm

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Canoeing

Quote Originally Posted by mkmangold View Post
    Great job! Thanks.
    I'll look into a few of the rivers this side of the IAT (southeast Wisconsin). One discovery I made is that the east branch of the Rock River is only 15 miles west of West Bend. It looks like one can put in at Theresa Marsh Wildlife area, meander around for awhile and end up in Horicon Marsh. I'll check the mileage between the IAT and the marsh.
    http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/...as/theresa.htm
    For what it's worth, I just got back from checking out the east branch of the Rock River. You can put in off of Hwy 28 only 7.2 miles west of Kewauskum. However, there is a better spot 1.1 miles south of 28 off of North Pole Road. We tried an entry point off of Hwy D but it was more of a drop-off than a place to park.

++ New Posts ++