WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Chaco View Post
    Two Beers, we should be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks. We are in Vernon, NJ now and heading North in the am. Keep a lookout for us. You have Jens number right??

Of course I do, darlin! i cant wait for you guys to get up here. I miss you all so much!
    Two Beers.

Quote Originally Posted by jessicacomp View Post
    I just moved to Simsbury, Ct and am sooo bored. Ive hiked every evening that I've been here, but then the sun sets and I go home to sit around like a loser. Anyone want to be my friend that lives not too terribly far away? anyone? I'm awesome, I swear.

Hey welcome to CT, I live near you down in Barkhamsted on the farmington river, lots of great trails around, give a yell if you want to go out for a hike, I am sure we could round up some people.

I am a former CT guy, born and raised! I was back hiking there in the Spring and it was fantastic. I did Bear Mtn, Sages Ravine, Myt Everett, and Race Mtn. (Well some of that is in MA, but so what). If a group of WBs get togther for a CT hike I will join in if I can make it!
    You are never too old.

maybe i will organize a little CT hike. I live in central CT, and there are some pretty nice trails around here. This is something I will have to look into, and then I will PM people who sounded interested!
    Two Beers.

Jessicacomp
    If your interested I'll be at the Rigga Shelter / Brassie campsite we are moving lumber from brassie to rigga. saturday. the 26th, sound like fun?

i feel like a loser for agreeing and relating to yer post.
    i live in new england but seem to have a hard time finding other people that enjoy the outdoors.
    i know where simsbury is...i work in windsor. i live in MA

yeah, i may be interested in that! what are the details??
    I looked some stuff up on the AMC website and found a lot of trail maintance stuff in CT and Mass that I would definitely be interested in!
    Two Beers.

Hey, I'm way down in Derby but if any sort of WB hike/backpacking trip gets setup let me know. I've just about finished putting together my backpacking gear and am looking for some locals to get together with out on the trail.
    -Brian

So have you found interesting CT / MA hikers to hike with yet?
    The work detail was a couple of weeks ago but there is always something to be done. Sorry I did not see the post saying youd be interested in going, maybe next time. contact me here or at [email protected] I have small groups that use the MA/CT area all the time plus a little Rock Climbing down there to.

Images

Talking

If you are out and about in september, look for us. My brother (06 thru hiker) and myself will be doing the CT section and mabye a piece in VT or Mass. We are tellin some other 06' hikers we know but not sure if they can make it up. We will be starting on 8/30 (after car shuttling) and going to 9/6. Starting at NY/CT border and going finishing into Mass.If you are out...join us for a beer.

sly dog, hope to see you around ten mile river that first weekend of your section deal. i'm losing my job that friday (25 percent staff reduction where i've worked for 10 years) and will probably be looking to get away from things for a couple of days to decompress. (i'll be the guy with the dazed look!)

two beers, this state can take some getting used to. but don't give up. there actually are things to do, and there are plenty of nice people. (just that sometimes it seems hard to bump into them.) keep reading the "what's happening" sections in your local newspapers/websites, or head for the college towns, like new haven, or middletown (i just moved there and i like it fine) and don't just sit around after the sun sets!

john.
    dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
    (howard zinn)

Thru' hiker one weekend at a time... vipahman's Avatar
    Images

I'll be doing a 4-5 day NOBO CT section hike starting Aug 20th from the NY-22 intersection (AT station). Anyone is welcome to join in. I do 10-15 miles/day and do frequent (=slow) photo stops.
    -Avi
    AT completed: NJ6-1, NY13-2, CT5-2

Images

Just wanted to chime in, I live in the area of south west mass right on the CT border. I would certainly be interested in hiking! I'm planning on going out toward Great Barrington this Wednesday to try and see Karl Meltzer pass through if anybody is interested in joining me.

Man, if I didn't have a job I would be all over that offer. Of course, by the time the weekend rolls around he will be long gone. Bummer.

Thru' hiker one weekend at a time... vipahman's Avatar
    Images

I think I will cross Karl in CT. Thankfully I'll be going NOBO and won't be shamed by the speed differential.
    -Avi
    AT completed: NJ6-1, NY13-2, CT5-2

Hey there! I am a Connecticuter I live in Cheshire but work in Hartford. We will be out on the AT sept 12-15 and maybe again the 26th and 27th. then again for columbusday weekend (though in the whites)

I have hiked with blackberry and Quoddy and Earlylite - and I think I might have met a few others with out realizing it.

Anyway let me know if you want to join me - you can PM if you want or shoot me an email at my screen name at gmail!

BTW - people are welcome to join us for the 12th-14th, still haven't figured out where we will go, depends on who goes ***caveat, my DH did break his fibula in July and although he is medicaly cleared to hike I wont be planning killer mileage!!
    ~Christy

Images

Welcome to Simsbury! I'm on the "blue trails" every weekend either running ridges, dayhiking, or walk-about. There are over a dozen parks with thousands of acres each in the area. I have interrupted bears on four occasions. There are some great views, albeit from 1300 feet. I travel to either the Long Trail or the Whites on summer weekends for 2-3 day hikes. I joined this forum today because friends and family are less passionate about getting outside. Give me some notice and we'll explore a trail some weekend.

Journal Entries
    Images

Just a little FYI for Ma and Ct peopke. Ran into my first hatch of blackflys this weekend 4-8-12 in Southern Mass. not too bad but they were out. Also lots of dry water spots.

Images

Thanks for the heads up, lemon b. I hiked Monadnock Friday - no black flies there, yet, but doubtless they're on the way. ...
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Im from Collinsville/ Canton, CT next town over i used to live in Simsbury I'm always looking to go for hikes/backpacking trips. Maybe we can plan something soon. There is some beautiful hiking on the Tunxis Trail, if you dont already have it I would recommend getting the CT West Walk Book it shows all the trail west of the river. http://www.amazon.com/Connecticut-Wa.../dp/0961905263

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++