WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AT 2012

I've been scanning the CT Walkbook and posting their trails on Maprika software for android and apple. just did the mattabessett and quinnipiac trails. Maprika gets a perfect GPS match for finding locations on the CT Walkbook images. Ask me for any CT trail... I think i'll submit the CT AT section next...
    Lazarus

Images

I'm in CT, right around the Waterbury area. I'll be doing a thru attempt this year, but I'll certainly be down to meet other CT WBers at some point!

From CT as well..still looking for backpacking partner too.

Images

Hi to all the Nutmegerrz. I am looking for a hiking partner for sometime soon to do Sages Ravine thru Lee, MA.
    Robbie

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atshan View Post
    Please help me
    No thanks.

Images

Sweet. RW Wheeler, I'm from the waterbury area, let me know where are on the trail u may be and I can meet up wit ya for a couple days and hike???
    Last edited by goody5534; 04-13-2012 at 22:13.

Images

Headed out to Killington to attempt it from the north side today - last minute decision. Not sure how snowy it will be, but bringing spikes and giving it a go, fingers crossed.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Images

Quote Originally Posted by goody5534 View Post
    Sweet. RW Wheeler, I'm from the waterbury area, let me know where are on the trail u may be and I can meet up wit ya for a couple days and hike???
    I'll probably be passing through the CT stretch of the AT around mid-July I'd guess. Not sure how often I'll be able to update that estimate, but that's what I got for now!

Images

Shoot, I'll come to you. Either in VA or how about a partner for the 100 Mile Wilderness, which is my goal to do this summer...

Images

100 Mile would probably be like late August or early September, I really have no idea at this point. But I'm sure I'll be able to pop on and give a better idea once I figure out how the trail and I will be getting along. But definitely down for company on that stretch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    Headed out to Killington to attempt it from the north side today - last minute decision. Not sure how snowy it will be, but bringing spikes and giving it a go, fingers crossed.
    Sherburne Pass Trail up Pico from Long Trail inn was a sloppy, slushy mess yesterday afternoon - not much fun. Abandoned the hike at about 2900 feet, just past the sinkholes. I was a muddy mess from the waist down after the hike. Didn't even try the spikes - they would've been ineffective in the slush, which was getting firmer the higher I went, but I reckon would've balled up the spikes until maybe 3500 feet at the earliest.

Beautiful place, though - will head back after things dry out, probably getting on at the Rt. 4 LT/AT crossing. The trail was drier in many places on the way down, after the snow melted entirely, though was a muddy stream or worse in many others.

Should've done Stratton, which looked better when I drove by it on the way home, maybe just the Pond and back from the Kelly Stand trailhead. Stratton Village was a ghost town when I drove through, but the mountain looked amazing from below. Killington, Pico and the Coolidge Range were beautiful, as were Dorset and Equinox, which I drove past on the way to Stratton.

Images

Driver8-I would like to go out with u on the Rt 4 LT/AT but lets do something sooner... I was thinking of doing Sages Ravine to Lee Ma or something similar. Any ideas?

Images

Hi Goody:

Yes, I have an idea - a hike I should've done Saturday instead of Killington - a CT/MA state line hike from behind Bear Mountain, to Frissell and the Braces and back, then, time and energy permitting, down to the "state line" brook crossing at Sages Ravine and back, and if we're really feeling frisky, up Bear's north side to the summit and back. Sound good to you? For me, the Frissell and Brace part will be new trail, and it will be only my second visit to the Sages stretch of the AT.

What do you think?

-Driver 8

Images

Ok, This hike you suggest is a one day, right? Or we can start on Mt Frissell Trail via Mt Washington Rd to reach highest point in Connecticut and back (2.6 miles round trip) then take unmarked trail (off Mt Washington Rd) up to AT thru Sages up to Hemlock Shelter for the night(8 miles). Next day Hike AT to Great Barrington (8 miles). 2 days, 4 summits, and new trail for the both of us... I can do the one day'er this sunday or the 2 day'er the following weekend...

Robbie (no trail name-yet)

Images

I'm going from Mt Washington Rd (in Connecticut) thru Sages up to Hemlocks and back to my truck on Sunday... Starting my over-nighter around 8 am ish...

Images

I'm going from Mt Washington Rd (in Connecticut) thru Sages up to Hemlocks and back to my truck on Sunday... Starting my over-nighter around 8 am ish...
    Have fun - I plan to be over at Bash Bish Falls with a friend. We may do some other west side trails, too. We'll see.

Images

"I'm going from Mt Washington Rd (in Connecticut) thru Sages up to Hemlocks and back to my truck on Sunday... Starting my over-nighter around 8 am ish..."

This hike was brutal for me fun as well as beautiful! 9 miles each way with Bear Mtn Rock Observatory, Mt Race and Mt Everett in one day nearly killed me... Took a big fall near the top of Everett but going back was just as tough. On Saturday I did the the first 6 miles in 4 hrs but the last 3 took took me 4 hrs... Can anyone tell me about the AMC Hut on Mt Washington Rd??? Can u sleep in it, tent near it?

Images

Can anyone tell me about the AMC Hut on Mt Washington Rd??? Can u sleep in it, tent near it?
    http://www.ct-amc.org/nwcamp/index.shtm Reservations required (I think you have to rent the whole cabin).
    I haven't been by there in decades.
    There is also a cabin near the top of Alander Mt. in the Mt. Washington State Forest, first come first served. It's in decent condition as of last October.
    There are loops there that are possible, linking the AT with the south Taconic Trail.

Images

Hey CT guys,

I'm looking at doing CT section real soon, can anyone give me a parking area @ the NY/CT & CT/MA borders

Thanks

Images

The lot on Rt.55 @ the border of NY/CT is right on the road and safe. Any of the spots along Rt. 41 north or south of Sages ravine are safe. You can also park on the west side of the trail on Mt. Washington Road, but take a good map, you can get turned around up there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++