WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Sly,

I agree with your suggestion. Most hikers have been great about cleaning up.

Jack,

EMS and Mountain Goat have been delightful to work with. How lucky for Manchester to have two very good outfitters. Will take your suggestion regarding the laudromat.

I got lots of advice from Bonepac at the Free State Hiker Hostel and he has been a fantastic resource. Southbounders, stop in Maryland at Bonepac's place. You won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I got lots of advice from Bonepac at the Free State Hiker Hostel and he has been a fantastic resource. Southbounders, stop in Maryland at Bonepac's place. You won't be disappointed.
    Ayup. It's a beautiful place, and Bonepac and his wife are great hosts.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

wow thanks SO much for offering the service!

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Jeff, I sent you a PM, but just in case, I am sectioning VT this coming week, planning to be in Manchester Center on the 24th. Will try to call you if you dont reply to the email or this post.
    Cutman
    GA>ME 2000>2010..... Purist thruhiker in spirit, just with a lotta zeros during townstops;)

Jeff, I sent you a PM, but just in case you dont get it, I am planning on sectioning VT and arriving in Manchester Ctr on 8/24. Will try to call you then if I dont get a reply before then.
    Cutman
    GA>ME 2000>2010..... Purist thruhiker in spirit, just with a lotta zeros during townstops;)

Images

We have concluded our season in Manchester Center after serving 353 hiker guests. It was an awesome experience & I can say that every single hiker was courteous and a pleasure to have stay with us. Cannot say the same about every dog, but most were well behaved as well.

Definitely making plans to be open in 2009 from early July to early September. We probably won't be in the Companion or Handbook. It 's a nice bit of magic to come into town and find an unexpected option for a nights stay.

Positive changes are taking place for hiker accomodations in southern Vermont. Bennington has several families inviting hikers into their home. Rutland has the Twelve Tribes who I have heard many good reports as well.

Jeff, let me be the first of those 353 hikers to thank you (again) for a wonderful hostel experience. I arrived tired, muddy, and not exactly smelling like a rose, and I left the next morning clean, rested, and ready to hike again.

Images

I'm going to add to the thank you's!!! We arrived wet and muddy, and i couldn't believe what we were taken into!! it's not just a hostel, it's a hiker house!!! Jeff, thank you so much for opening your doors to us all this year, it was definitely one of my favorite stays!! I can't say enough about you and your wife's hospitality!!

BearbellChicken.jpgHello Jeff, Swagman here. Great place, really enjoyed my stay and your hospitality. Will highly recommend your establishment in 2012 on my way back north. By the way, be on the lookout for Bearbell Chicken in 2012 and check out this face book page under the same name. Happy Trails dude! Swagman

Images

This post is from 2008!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++