WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spence field

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by captike View Post
    My apologies...however, I didn't come close to asking about "every GSMNP shelter." I asked about three of them. In addition, it would've been difficult to see the Mollies page answer as you posted them at nearly the same time. Again, I apologize. I mistakenly thought these threads were the place to find information regarding these shelters. And I also thought, given the age of the content, it would be prudent to update it. My error.
    Sorry for coming on a little too strong. It's just frustrating to see the same question (from the same user) more than once. Several of us that follow these message boards regularly use the "What's New" button above, so when these questions get posted to multiple categories, we see ALL of them.

Otherwise, the age of this thread is such that it isn't exactly used as a daily update/status on particular shelters. It's fine to ask new questions rather than resurrect long-forgotten threads.

And BTW, welcome to the boards. While the AT/Shelters category is an appropriate category for questions about a particular shelter, there is also a category specific to GSMNP that you can also use. There's several people (like myself) that have specific knowledge to GSMNP that may not have similar knowledge about the AT in general. (I'm not an AT hiker, but I do hike extensively in GSMNP).

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    Sorry for coming on a little too strong. It's just frustrating to see the same question (from the same user) more than once. Several of us that follow these message boards regularly use the "What's New" button above, so when these questions get posted to multiple categories, we see ALL of them.

Otherwise, the age of this thread is such that it isn't exactly used as a daily update/status on particular shelters. It's fine to ask new questions rather than resurrect long-forgotten threads.

And BTW, welcome to the boards. While the AT/Shelters category is an appropriate category for questions about a particular shelter, there is also a category specific to GSMNP that you can also use. There's several people (like myself) that have specific knowledge to GSMNP that may not have similar knowledge about the AT in general. (I'm not an AT hiker, but I do hike extensively in GSMNP).
    Thank you for the apology. I sincerely do appreciate it. Since you mentioned it...what is the difference between the "What's New" and "Today's Posts?" They appear to be identical to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++