WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DanielTino View Post
    Good question. The producers are still working that out. Obviously, we do plan on operating within the confines of the law. As far as bringing your own weapons, that is still being ironed out in creative but I can't imagine we would send you into the Alaskan wilderness unarmed, whether or not you can bring your own weapons, I'm not sure - but I doubt it.

I'll take a 12 ga single shot, #6 for squirrels and grouse, slugs in case a bear decides to eat me. (If the bear decides to eat someone else, well, he's just being a bear - LOL)
    Can't imagine shooting a Moose or Caribou for "survival meat" unless I am staying put for a month!

Images

I've been wondering about the details, too. Fire-starters? Knives? How much clothing? Bedding? Cooking pots? Wire? Fish hooks? Nets? Salt?

It's a very interesting situation. Somewhere between "Into the Wild" and "The Last American Man."
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Quote Originally Posted by DanielTino View Post
    Good question. The producers are still working that out. Obviously, we do plan on operating within the confines of the law. As far as bringing your own weapons, that is still being ironed out in creative but I can't imagine we would send you into the Alaskan wilderness unarmed, whether or not you can bring your own weapons, I'm not sure - but I doubt it.
    What, I may not be able to bring my AK-74? How am I supposed to kill caribou for the whole crew without having to actually load the gun again...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    I've been wondering about the details, too. Fire-starters? Knives? How much clothing? Bedding? Cooking pots? Wire? Fish hooks? Nets? Salt?

It's a very interesting situation. Somewhere between "Into the Wild" and "The Last American Man."
    If they could keep the technology cap somewhere north of the Jurassic period … hopefully closer to the Bronze Age at the very least; I’m sure it would be greatly appreciated by whoever gets picked . That being the case ... 200 miles is no big thing considering the amount of time provided for the documentary; However - 60 days is a long survival challenge – I’m not sure how long it took the Donner Party to start going at each other (and that group had some limited supplies unlike the project proposed). IMHO the sooner they can finalize a more detailed outline of the proposed project the better their chances are of locating talent that has a real chance at lasting 8 weeks with no support in Alaska.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    we'll do good on the show
    If things got so bad that you had to resort to eating mice - would you let the crew film you or would you just pop the little suckers in your mouth without telling anyone?
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebag View Post
    If things got so bad that you had to resort to eating mice - would you let the crew film you or would you just pop the little suckers in your mouth without telling anyone?
    film me but the PETA freaks might squawk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    film me but the PETA freaks might squawk about it
    Eat a film crew member. It might be better for the morale of the group and its ability to stop PETA. Besides, I bet that they'll have a little more fat than the mice

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper Beard View Post
    Googling the phone numbers show it to be spammed all over the internet by this "producer". Here's the first result. There are hundreds like it....

For more info on receiving an exorcism on the new series please email: [email protected] or call (818) 752-5559.
    Sherlock here cracked the code using Google. We cast for many different shows, the show about exorcism is another one. The company is called "Pilgrim Films" - try googling that and you'll find we also produce the show "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe and a lot more! That's how the whole film and TV industry works - different production companies make different showS - plural, not just one show

Images

Hey, I just got a call from Dan Tino!!!

DoughNut

Quote Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
    Hey, I just got a call from Dan Tino!!!

DoughNut
    And he said....

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    And he said....
    "Is your refrigerator running?...well then you better hurry up and catch it!!!"

I for one found the call quite immature, my refrigerator has nothing to do with Alaska other than the fact that it can get cold.

Images

Definite interest (I've lived in AK and graduated Arctic Survival School). I forwarded the requested info to him.

DoughNut

Just Hikin' Along
    Images

I applied the first day. I figured that I was in good shape, had a full military background of twenty years, was an advanced skydiving instructor (which won't help much unless we parachute in), have fairly good survial skills, and have a decade of EMT experience. Being retired, I have nothing but time. Instead of a minimum of a daily hike in the local mountain ranges, I could be hiking in the really big stuff. Besides, what would this be without varied demographics?

See you at Springer, Winter 09' Chance09's Avatar

had anyone who has applied heard anything back?
    AT - Georgia to Maine '09
    PCT - Mexico to Canada '10
    CDT - Canada to Mexico '11

Just Hikin' Along
    Images

I got a phone call on Wednesday 7/30 from Karla from the casting department to say they needed a video and a 5 page form filled out and back to them by today 8/1. I did the video yesterday, filled out the form and sent it next day Express Mail. She indicated that the final decision making would probably be started Monday when they presented the final group to the film makers at a meeting.

A basic indicaiton of what's involved is in this question:
    "Can you make your own shelter nightly, hunt for food daily and trek across miles of wilderness for 6 to 8 weeks?"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chance09 View Post
    had anyone who has applied heard anything back?
    I was contacted a week ago ... played phone tag for a couple of days and just got done chatting with someone from the casting department. I'm still in the running - now I need to make a 6 to 10 minute video over the weekend to convince them that I'm a "good candidate" for the project. Knowing me - that'll be the last time I'll hear from them after I send it.

Images

Good luck, guys!
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Good luck! Hope you two make it on the show!
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    Good luck, guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Good luck! Hope you two make it on the show!
    Thanks folks. If everything goes well - I will represent with the proper amount of grace and decorum expected from any WB member. Who am I kidding - I'm ready to eat some rodents!

Thanks folks. If everything goes well - I will represent with the proper amount of grace and decorum expected from any WB member. Who am I kidding - I'm ready to eat some rodents!
    How is that different that showing the expected grace of a WB member. Dehydrated rat on a stick is a delicacy on the trial

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++