WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Images

Get Aldo in that video. They might need a resident enforcer!

See you at Springer, Winter 09' Chance09's Avatar

i'm in the process of filling out the form too. I just heard back from them yesterday. I wonder how many applications they received.
    AT - Georgia to Maine '09
    PCT - Mexico to Canada '10
    CDT - Canada to Mexico '11

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chance09 View Post
    i'm in the process of filling out the form too. I just heard back from them yesterday. I wonder how many applications they received.
    I suspect Whiteblazers will be overrepresented in their applicant pool.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Default Yeah, with...

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    I suspect Whiteblazers will be overrepresented in their applicant pool.
    Body-builders and strippers overrepresented in the finalist pool.

Images

I too sent in the video, to Kris at Pilgrims, they are definately interested,
    as mentioned here, there are alot of issues to iron out and the Producers want to start shooting next month.

Images

I've got till Monday to get my video in so I'm still working on mine. Luckily enough they'll take a youtube clip so I don't have to worry about running out of time. The contact I have gave me some areas to concentrate on. Verbatim via email:

"In your tape, please tell me about your life as it is now, your experiences in the outdoors, why you want to be a part of this journey through Alaska and why you think you're up to the challenge. How do you think you'll fare with a group of strangers traveling through the wild? What excites you about this journey? What scares you? What will challenge you? Do you have anything to prove to yourself or someone else with this journey? Can you make your own shelter nightly, hunt for food daily and trek across miles of wilderness for 6 to 8 weeks? Tell me a brief story about the biggest adventure you've had to date or tell me a funny story...
    The three biggest things to remember here are to BE YOURSELF, HAVE GOOD ENERGY and HAVE FUN. Don't read off of cue cards. Talk to the camera as if you're talking to a friend. Don't bore us, but don't perform for us either. In the end, we're looking for a real person just like you... the kind of person you'd like to watch on a show like this. ALSO, please email me a recent, close-up photo of yourself. Unfortunately, the one picture I have of you doesn't show me very much."

Did you folks get the same talking points? I'm curious since I've got a different person I'm working with at Pilgrim.
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Images

Default From my e-mail

Thank you for your interest! So nice speaking with you! I have attached
    an application, make sure you fill it out completely, print it and
    include it in the package with your home tape.
    Home tape: Please use a DV or mini-DV camera if possible. Please send
    us a mini-DV tape or a DVD. Make sure we can can see and hear you
    clearly. Make sure the tape is no longer than 5-7 minutes. The key is
    to be conversational, energetic, and have fun making it! Start by
    telling us your name, age, occupation, marital status and where you
    live. Start by talking about why you want to do this.. Tell us about
    your experiences with the outdoors; camping? hiking? kayaking? hunting?
    or what you have done, or do well. Talk about the shape you are in,
    what you do to stay in shape, and why you think you can survive in the
    wilderness. What is the biggest risk you have ever taken? The biggest
    adventure you have ever been on? Your biggest fear? Also incorporate
    things we talked about on the phone; helicopter pilot, arctic survival
    school, army, hunting, love bears, crossed glacier rivers, etc..

See,s along the sames lines, definately not some standard form.

DoughNut

Images

Interesting - we didn't get a canned response. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
    Thank you for your interest! So nice speaking with you! I have attached
    an application, make sure you fill it out completely, print it and
    include it in the package with your home tape.
    Home tape: Please use a DV or mini-DV camera if possible. Please send
    us a mini-DV tape or a DVD. Make sure we can can see and hear you
    clearly. Make sure the tape is no longer than 5-7 minutes. The key is
    to be conversational, energetic, and have fun making it! Start by
    telling us your name, age, occupation, marital status and where you
    live. Start by talking about why you want to do this.. Tell us about
    your experiences with the outdoors; camping? hiking? kayaking? hunting?
    or what you have done, or do well. Talk about the shape you are in,
    what you do to stay in shape, and why you think you can survive in the
    wilderness. What is the biggest risk you have ever taken? The biggest
    adventure you have ever been on? Your biggest fear? Also incorporate
    things we talked about on the phone; helicopter pilot, arctic survival
    school, army, hunting, love bears, crossed glacier rivers, etc..

See,s along the sames lines, definately not some standard form.

DoughNut
    You can never appreciate the shade of a tree unless you sweat in the sun.-- Author Unknown

Just Hikin' Along
    Images

I wish I had gotten the information on Wednesday afternoon that Monday was OK. I was told that the package had to be there by late Friday for a Monday presentation. My video, especially, was rushed to get it in the mail by mid day Thursday to make the Friday deadline. I ended up leaving out major things that I wanted to convey in the video.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Quoddy View Post
    I wish I had gotten the information on Wednesday afternoon that Monday was OK. I was told that the package had to be there by late Friday for a Monday presentation. My video, especially, was rushed to get it in the mail by mid day Thursday to make the Friday deadline. I ended up leaving out major things that I wanted to convey in the video.
    You could always create a new one and just upload it to youtube. You can then just send them a link to the video via email. I haven't even started on mine yet.

Just Hikin' Along
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by doggiebag View Post
    You could always create a new one and just upload it to youtube. You can then just send them a link to the video via email. I haven't even started on mine yet.
    I would have done that originally, but my computer is having issues recognizing any outside source, it won't even read it's own card slots. I ended up taking my video, which was done on an SD card to a special photo store that turned it into a DVD. Just sending that package cost me about $35, including Express Mail.

The decision now rests with those who make the big bucks. I am really hoping that I'll get the chance to take my Busse ASH-1 LE to Alaska and use it like it's supposed to be used.

Images

I would have done that originally, but my computer is having issues recognizing any outside source, it won't even read it's own card slots. I ended up taking my video, which was done on an SD card to a special photo store that turned it into a DVD. Just sending that package cost me about $35, including Express Mail.

The decision now rests with those who make the big bucks. I am really hoping that I'll get the chance to take my Busse ASH-1 LE to Alaska and use it like it's supposed to be used.
    Tell me about it. Though I'm more of a SOG Kabar type for a fixed blade. It would be an interesting packing list that's for sure - I just hope that they just dont drop the group off some remote site with nothing but - toilet paper and Chap Stick regardless of how things turn out - good luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper Beard View Post
    Googling the phone numbers show it to be spammed all over the internet by this "producer". Here's the first result. There are hundreds like it....

For more info on receiving an exorcism on the new series please email: [email protected] or call (818) 752-5559.
    I belong to the Maine Outdoor Adventure Club (MOAC) and this guy hit them as well. I got the same information from MOAC about the opportunity.
    "If I get started in the right direction, I just might get to where I want to go." -- Tab Benoit

Who needs a TV show to feed the couch potatoes? Just get your pack loaded with 20 days worth of food, plan a cache, and head out for a month on your own. See Alaska on a solo backpacking trip.

Images

OK, doggie and Quoddy assuming we three get picked, Weapon Choice? Luxury item (if allowed)

I'd want a 12 ga single shot for squirrels and grouse, slugs for camp protection.
    and a deck of cards..

I have NO information just figured I'd see where others' thoughts are.

DoughNut

Just Hikin' Along
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
    OK, doggie and Quoddy assuming we three get picked, Weapon Choice? Luxury item (if allowed) DoughNut
    If there were already firearms along for food and protection then I'd opt for my Busse knife which would be a great all round item for cutting and chopping almost anything. My luxury item would be Hydropel, my feet would thank me.

Images

If there were already firearms along for food and protection then I'd opt for my Busse knife which would be a great all round item for cutting and chopping almost anything. My luxury item would be Hydropel, my feet would thank me.
    It's nice to think about getting paid to do something like this ...

Ok I'll play along: I'll take a Mossberg or Remington 12 gauge pump with a slug barrel preferably in stainless steel with a mixed set of shells mostly number 6 small game shot and some .50 cal sabot or triple ought buck. There are just too many unknowns at this point. It almost sounds like it's a 2 month foraging trip to me. I'd like to carry a personal camera ... maybe a bottle of tabasco.

See you at Springer, Winter 09' Chance09's Avatar

ya so that was interesting making a video about myself. Anyone else find it hard to talk to a camera for 5+ min like it were a person?
    AT - Georgia to Maine '09
    PCT - Mexico to Canada '10
    CDT - Canada to Mexico '11

Images

ya so that was interesting making a video about myself. Anyone else find it hard to talk to a camera for 5+ min like it were a person?
    It's tougher than it looks for sure.
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Images

It was a royal pain. I finally got it done and had the link sent to Pilgrim. All I got to do is fax some stuff tomorrow and just hope for the best. Did you do a youtube thing or make a minidvd/tape?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++