WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Casting New Show For Discovery Channel

Hey!

My name is Dan Tino and I am a Casting Associate for Pilgrim Films. I am currently working on a show on The Discovery Channel that is loosely based off of the first season of "The Alaska Experiment" - it is called "Alaskan Adventure". In the show we send a group of people to live out in the wilderness of Alaska. Their adventure will be documented for 8 weeks and aired on The Discovery Channel.

We are looking for thrill seekers and adventurers who love being in the wild and who think they can last the 8 weeks. This is not a competition based show - rather it is a real, documentary series about survival.

If you or anyone you know would be interested in this once in a lifetime opportunity please email [email protected] and include a recent photo along with your name, phone number, city/state, and a short explanation of why you feel you are up to the challenge. You can also call 818-752-5559 for more information.

Sincerely,
    Daniel Tino
    Casting Associate
    Pilgrim Films

Images

Welcome to Whiteblaze Dan.

When does the project start?
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

AT hikers ain't cut out for what you're lookin' for

Journal Entries
    Images

LW, I would LOVE to see you on this show. I wouldn't miss an episode of you on it. If you apply, let me know so I can see if I can get you a shelter to stay in.

skinsteer, the project starts filming at the beginning of september. we would definitely need you and whoever else is interested to reply to that email address - [email protected] - if this is something that you would like be a part of. thanks!

Images

Dang! Sounds like a cool project. I'll be hiking the JMT during September or I'd apply.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
    Dang! Sounds like a cool project. I'll be hiking the JMT during September or I'd apply.
    You'd make a fabulous cast member Phreak. First you'd astonish them with your freakish hiking speed. Then you could talk down a bear the way you can tame a dog. Would make for good TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    AT hikers ain't cut out for what you're lookin' for
    Speak for yourself.

No one wants to look at me on TV, including me…

I feel I could survive most things and adapt to new ones very well. But A TV show is not really about survival, it’s about entertainment that is suppose to keep you glued to the TV screen to watch the next commercial, then again it’s about keeping you glued to the screen till the next commercial, and on & on it goes.

Shows on TV like Survivor are no more about survival then Gilligan’s Island was. Real survival is normally really boring stuff (and I very politically incorrect) and not well suited to TV without a lot of editing or changes in what happens. Reality TV is not real, its somewhat unscripted, anyone that thinks it is real probably also thinks wrestling is real.

Images

I thought wrestling was real. You mean all that stuff that happens on Man vs Wild is fake?

But back to the topic. FWIW I don't watch a lot of TV, so could we get a better idea of what is expected in a candidate?
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Look what Bear Gillis (sp?) has to do (make a fool of himself, doing stupid foolish things) to get people watch Man Vs Wild.

Yep its all good stuff and they all laughing going to the bank and we sit here being poor

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

As a person who has hiked 3 of the nation's long distance hiking trails, loves to stay active in winter (ski touring..dontchya know), leads many outdoor trips...

(A mysterious voice appears near my computer: Er..Mags, There are no AYCE buffets on this show. Or beer. Or worse..wine! And I really doubt you can dazzle your team members with your pretensions to culinary skills. There is no backcountry hut! Plus, have you looked in a mirror lately ?!?!? This is television...it ain't a radio show...)

I'd really suck at this show..

Last edited by Mags; 07-23-2008 at 09:49.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    I thought wrestling was real. You mean all that stuff that happens on Man vs Wild is fake?

But back to the topic. FWIW I don't watch a lot of TV, so could we get a better idea of what is expected in a candidate?
    What?! Wrasslin' ain't fer real?! Next you'll try to tell me they really went to the moon!

Images

Of course they went to the moon. They found footprints of bare human feet. Didn't you hear? If they hadn't really gone to the moon how would we know about ancient humans from Atlantis getting their first?
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Addicted Hiker and Donating Member Hammock Hanger's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DanielTino View Post
    Hey!

My name is Dan Tino and I am a Casting Associate for Pilgrim Films. I am currently working on a show on The Discovery Channel that is loosely based off of the first season of "The Alaska Experiment" - it is called "Alaskan Adventure". In the show we send a group of people to live out in the wilderness of Alaska. Their adventure will be documented for 8 weeks and aired on The Discovery Channel.

We are looking for thrill seekers and adventurers who love being in the wild and who think they can last the 8 weeks. This is not a competition based show - rather it is a real, documentary series about survival.

If you or anyone you know would be interested in this once in a lifetime opportunity please email [email protected] and include a recent photo along with your name, phone number, city/state, and a short explanation of why you feel you are up to the challenge. You can also call 818-752-5559 for more information.

Sincerely,
    Daniel Tino
    Casting Associate
    Pilgrim Films
    When you say a show on "survival" what exactly are you talking about?? Is it a base camp setting or is backpacking involved? Is there a support team or is this some kind of living off the land... Can you spear a few more details??
    Hammock Hanger -- Life is my journey and I'm surely not rushing to the "summit"...:D

http://www.gcast.com/u/hammockhanger/main

Can we nominate members we'd like to send to Alaska's grizzly feeding zone for 8 weeks?
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

Go start a poll
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    Can we nominate members we'd like to send to Alaska's grizzly feeding zone for 8 weeks?
    Yeah!! Hammock Hanger would be perfect.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by take-a-knee View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    what qualifies you to be a cast member?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++