WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Default Yeah, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
    To quote William Joel, (god help me) "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners have much more fun."
    I think that's "ARE much more fun".

Also, that leaves out what comes next...

http://climateprogress.org/wp-conten..._070706_ms.jpg
    Last edited by minnesotasmith; 08-10-2008 at 11:51. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotasmith View Post

Also, that leaves out what comes next...

http://climateprogress.org/wp-conten..._070706_ms.jpg
    Sure Smitty, sure.

Poor me. Poor me. Poor me another drink.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    Poor me. Poor me. Poor me another drink.
    Well, if you're going to drink on State Game Lands, that's just "fine" with the PGC!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass - it's about learning how to dance in the rain!

Images

I expect PGC would prefer to direct their resources toward activities other than enforcement, but were they to ignore those who disregard their regs, compliance wouldn't be better and would likely be worse.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    i can't believe y'all are still carrying on about this BS. Trix and the hikers messed up. they violated the law. they should pay the fine and shut up.

Wise words.

Go hike people. Quit complaining about TOS violations, saying you have spent too much time on this thread already then continue to post. What more do you possibly have to add?

I really don't like shutting down threads for a non-issue.

Yet some of you who complain about this thread continue to post! Makes no sense..

People...quit teaching pigs to sing!
    Last edited by Mags; 08-10-2008 at 22:37.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

They were probably just trying to raise money for something, that's why most cops wont give a warning at specific times they are told to push it a little.

what it all boils down to, is that the the government of penn. thinks that it can tell individuals how they are supposed to enjoy themselves on public land. yes, we could say that if they did not restrict alcohol, then accidents and vandalism would occur. the problem is that america has never been conducted in this manner, or we are at least supposed to believe that. we could restrict all kinds of rights and privilidges under the elitist guise that we are keeping others safe and public property safe. however, there are simply men who get off controlling how other people behave, and this is simple a case example.

Whitefoot_hp-".....we could restrict all kinds of rights and privilidges under the elitist guise that we are keeping others safe and public property safe. however, there are simply men who get off controlling how other people behave, and this is simple a case example."
    Must be a full moon.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by whitefoot_hp View Post
    what it all boils down to, is that the government of penn. thinks that it can tell individuals how they are supposed to enjoy themselves on public land.
    I believe you are beginning to understand. When you at last grasp it in full, your perspective will shift and it will be reflected in what you post.

Yes, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania does have this right, exercises it and it can be assumed the majority of its residents support this practice. You may want to re-read what was posted earlier in this thread about the limits on personal freedoms.

You seem to believe Pennsylvania SGLs are NRAs which are managed primarily for recreational purposes. It may be helpful for you to realize they are instead wildlife management areas traversed by a national scenic trail. It does make a difference in how they are managed.

Someday you may own some land. You will find there are limits on what you can do there too.

the problem is that america has never been conducted in this manner, or we are at least supposed to believe that.
    You are mistaken. None of these regs are anything new. They are only news to you and others who were not aware of them until now.

Many of the regs I linked for everyone to read involve nothing more than what's expected of hikers by LNT guidelines. The only difference is they are enforceable.

I have nothing else to say other than We do border NJ. No surprise.
    http://www.alphabluetech.com/kjhanlon
    Enjoy it while it's wild. Soon enough we'll be hiking indoors.

gotta love the new wb. pretty soon they'll be able to delete posts before they even appear.

Quote Originally Posted by saimyoji View Post
    gotta love the new wb. pretty soon they'll be able to delete posts before they even appear.
    We actually can do that. On a limited basis.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

yep, i dont see how i am going to be able to donate any further to whiteblaze if my posts are deleted for simply disagreeing with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post

Much of the remainder you wrote isn't worthy of a reply. I have more important things that require my attention tonight. Surely you must have more important things that require your attention too.
    you have edited this one post like FIVE times now!!!!

yep, i dont see how i am going to be able to donate any further to whiteblaze if my posts are deleted for simply disagreeing with someone.
    www.trailplace.com is looking for recruits

Your post was deleted for the politics trolling and the personal attack.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    www.trailplace.com is looking for recruits
    oh ill still visit, just would be hard to justify a donation...

I tend to think that the moderators are very fair

Quote Originally Posted by OregonHiker View Post
    I tend to think that the moderators are very fair
    i agree. i've been moderated to the max. look at me now. i'm such a pleasant poster

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
++ New Posts ++