WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Images

Default Ice Age Trail Breaks Ground On New Headquarters

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Hq

Ice Age: I'm not sure of the necessity of this. I'm also a little leary of centralizing things close to Madison, too. What're your thoughts?

Images

Well, Madison is where most of the money for the trail comes form, so it makes some sense to have a visible presence there.

I think the visitor's center at the Henry Reuss building would be just fine as a a headquarters, but it's in the middle of nowhere and maybe they think they need more visibility. I do hate to see $$ being spent for administration that could be used to build trail, but I won't second-guess the powers-that-be until I know all the facts.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Attention

Quote Originally Posted by IceAge View Post
    Well, Madison is where most of the money for the trail comes form, so it makes some sense to have a visible presence there.

I think the visitor's center at the Henry Reuss building would be just fine as a a headquarters, but it's in the middle of nowhere and maybe they think they need more visibility. I do hate to see $$ being spent for administration that could be used to build trail, but I won't second-guess the powers-that-be until I know all the facts.
    Ya, I appreciate you bringing all that to our attention. So my concern is not with you reporting that but rather with what is the point. Are you up for a shelter's night out this Sunday?

++ New Posts ++