Hello. My name is Darwin. I hope that you're doing well.
I'm planning to hike the Long Trail this coming fall. I have a number of questions that I was wondering if you could help me with. I e-mailed the Green Mountain Club a couple of times, but I haven't heard back from them.

-I'm planning to do it on the last week of September and the first week of October hiking north to south. Will this be a good time to catch the fall colors?
-I'm planning to do the full 272 miles of the LT. Is there a safe place for me to leave my car at the southern terminus of the trail for around 2 weeks?
-Where could I find someone to shuttle me from the southern terminus (from where my car would be parked) to the northern terminus?
-Where could I leave my second week of food so that I could pick it up on my way south? I'm hoping to leave it at a place that's not far from the trail and where I could pick it up any day and anytime between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM. (I don't know if that's realistic or not.)
-I have your 26th edition of your Long Trail Guide and your 16th edition of your End-To-Ender's Guide. Are these still up-to-date enough?
-Is hiking north to south a good direction for the LT at this time of the year?

If you're able to help me, please e-mail me at the below e-mail address.
Thank you for your help. Take care.

Sincerely,
Darwin
[email protected]