WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Calling all 1986 thru hikers

Any thru hikers from 1986 out there. That was the year it rained everyday from Conn. thru Maine. I started March 4th and finished Sept 18th at Baxter.

Images

Not me, but my brother thru'ed in 86. he went by the name Sir Bobalot. Wrote in the registers a lot about his search for the sun maiden, ( from the Sun Made raisons).

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rex View Post
    Any thru hikers from 1986 out there. That was the year it rained everyday from Conn. thru Maine. I started March 4th and finished Sept 18th at Baxter.
    i started March 21st that year and quit in Gorham around September 1st. Do you remember Bosun Hodges?

Default Sir bobalot -

Small world. I hiked New England with your brother. He is the reason I wore converse sneakers from Gorham to Baxter. If he could do it why couldn't I?? Tell him Rockin Rex says hi. He should remember me. Lone wolf I think I hiked with you also. What a year 86 was. Alot of people quit in New England because of the rain. Be interesting to see who is out there from class of 86.

Images

I'll tell him, don't see him too often, he is spending a lot of time in Grenada right now where his wife is going to vet school. If you hiked with him from Harpers Ferry to Duncannon, we hiked together, I joined him for that stretch.

I was behind you the whole way. I started April 8 and finished September 29. I was "The Weka from Topeka." I spent about a week off the trail in New York City while it was raining so heavily, but I hit my share of rain.

++ New Posts ++