WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Katahdin Summits: October 10

Hi...I am doing Ground Control for my son's A.T. Hike..he finished October 10 amidst fog, ice, and snow on the summit... Lots of hikers finished about the same time...I am posting the list of hikers as I know it as a sort of honor roll...This is not everyone, just those in the pod of hikers finishing about the same time as Michael (Phlegm)

Summiting on October 10: Phlegm, Snotrocket, Angel Hair and Rigatoni (the Noodleheads), Princess of Darkness (a.k.a Boats), Trainwreck (see her journal on Trailjournals.com), Dragonfly, JR, Redwood, Zen Blaster, Biphph, El Passo, Schavez, Digger, Nayber, Prarie Dog, Smilin Mike, Lazy Mike, Girl Next Door, Geo, Adam and Steve (the Brits), After School Special, Handstand, Sloopy, Hoss, Big Toe, Rooster, Capt'n, Moon, Dharma Bum.

Summiting October 11: June Bug, Seattle, Baltimore Jack, Walk in Glory (many others, but these are the ones Michael and Kathryn knew well)

Summiting October 12: Sasquatch, Nasty, Tripp
    added Oct. 21 Dirty Hairy, Hazzard Co (M.G., Razz, Lil Bo Peep, Uncle Jessie), the 3 Stooges (Red, Digger & The Giggler), Fletch & Salamander, Salty Dawg & Tortuga, Birdman.

Summiting October 13: added Oct. 21, Bluebearee, Poetry in Motion, Macgyver, Clint Verona, Gorilla Jim, Sanman, Karen of the Cream Team & Breathwalker.

(additions courtesy of Bluebearee-- Thanks)

If anyone knows of others summiting on these dates, let me know and I'll be happy to add them to the honor roll..

If you'd like to see the journal I've been keeping , visit http://ubmail.ubalt.edu/~dhaynes/at_hike/

Congratulations to all of the Class of 2002

Don
    Last edited by Don; 10-21-2002 at 09:10.

Section hiker 45 AT miles

Hi Don --

I just wanted to say that I've been following the journal for Michael and Kathryn for some time now. I have to say I think it's one of the best and most interesting trail journals I've found yet.

Congrats to them on finishing their thru-hike!

-- Buttercup

GA-ME 02 Kilted Hiker Trail Yeti's Avatar
    Images

Don,
    I met Phlegm and snotrocket after Trail Days doing trail maintenance at Kincora. Glad to hear that they made it. Please pass on my congrats and tell them I said hi.
    Trail Yeti
    "Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit"- Ed Abbey

Default October 12/13 summitteers

Don,
    Adding to October 12 would be:
    Dirty Hairy, Hazzard Co (M.G., Razz, Lil Bo Peep, Uncle Jessie), the 3 Stooges (Red, Digger & The Giggler), Fletch & Salamander, Salty Dawg & Tortuga, Birdman.

October 13th I was one of the proud atop the Big Rock:
    Bluebearee, Poetry in Motion, Macgyver, Clint Verona, Gorilla Jim, Sanman, Karen of the Cream Team & Breathwalker.

It was an awesome day.

Thanks!

Bluebearee
    GA==ME 02

Way to go Bluebearee!!!!

I feel like a proud Papa.

++ New Posts ++