WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Vasque Velocity GTX XCR

Any one one/use this brand and model of trail runner? Your thoughts on it please.
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Images

I have the regular Velocity and have about 500 miles on them. The upper part is holding up very well but the tread is getting pretty low.

I also have the regular ones, and love them to death.

The tread does wear out quickly, but even with no pattern left on the bottom they still stick like glue to rocks, even wet ones.

They are comfortable, but the footbed also compacted to the point the cushioning was reduced significantly. It's not too much though as I still wear them around.

The only complaint I have is in the biddle of the tread, between the heel section and ball of the foot area. It's a hard plastic which is great protection against sharp rocks, but there is no grip there at all. It makes trail running downhill a lot more interesting when you can't aim the midsection of your foot onto a rock. I almost wiped out several times last year when running down the Hunt Trail on Katahdin to run up Owl.

Overall I love them though, if they'd get rid of the plastic section or cover it with sole, it'd be perfect.

Images

I have the opportunity to buy them at half off, so I wanted to check on them before dropping the $$!
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Vasques run pretty small and narrow. Just my two cents. Definitely size up.

I have the Vasque Breeze low model and really like them. But I would second Skinny. I have a narrow mens' foot, and normally wear a size 10 with room to spare. The vasques i have are a 10.5 size, and fit really well, both length and width wise.

Great support throughout and tough as nails. Found them to not be sweaty at all. Over 1000 trail miles on mine. I think Vasque makes a great shoe for my feet and style of hiking. I do insert after market Superfeet insoles in mine. Caution is needed here though. What I do and need DOES NOT aoutomatically insure that it will work for U. Try on lots of brands, sizes, styles of shoes before U buy. There R other articles on this site that will help inform U about buying hiking shoes.

I also Superfeet mine, I forgot to add that.

I have found the sizes run true, and my foot is a little wider and they still fit fine.

The rest of the show is unblemished after the mileage and despite the lack of tread on the sole.

At 1/2 off, I'd buy them, but try them out first.

++ New Posts ++