WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nude Hiking?

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Default Nude Hiking?

This German fellow may want to export his predilection

Article here

So, is there gonna be a WhiteBlaze nekkid hiker group? Perhaps we could team up with hammock folks to give new meaning to the term "hang".
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

From the article:

"...Grawert, a janitor, told a local German newspaper he planned to continue campaigning for the right to partake in organized all-natural hikes despite his troubles with the law.
    Naked hiking has gained a following since the German Society of Nudists joined the German Sports Association.
    Nude bathing is accepted and allowed in parts of Germany, especially on designated beaches on the Baltic Sea coast. But naked joggers have been fined in the past for running through forests wearing nothing but socks and shoes".
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's so easy to point out the contradictions and hypocrisy of these groups that claim to be "all-natural" or "one-with-nature". Complete BS.

As in "dessert" not "desert"

These people are exhibitionists making excuses for themselves, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by dessertrat View Post
    Few things in life are "pure and simple".
    ~~
    Allen "Monkeywrench" Freeman
    NOBO 3-18-09 - 9-27-09
    blog.allenf.com
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com

As in "dessert" not "desert"

Quote Originally Posted by affreeman View Post
    Few things in life are "pure and simple".
    You're right, and I stand corrected.

These people are just exhibitionists making excuses for themselves.

"Weeniewaggers"
    E-Z---"from sea to shining sea''

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Is that a Leki or are you glad to see me?
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

The trail is childhood reborn. Simple, carefree, and full of Wonders Captn's Avatar
    Images

Default Nude Hiking .... it's not just for summer anymore

1.) Do Icicles Count as pack weight, or "skin out" weight?

2.) Officer: What are you doing here Sir?
    Nude Hiker: Just hanging out, officer.

3.) "I wish I were a Oscar Myer Winer, that is who I truly want to be"
    "and if I were a Oscar Myer winer, everyone would be in love with me."

4.) Did you see a Nude hiker come by here?"
    "Yes sir, officer ... he was HEADDED off that way". (groan)

5.) "You feeling ok?"
    "Just dragging a_s, that's all".

Come on ... these were just BEGGING to be told

Journal Entries
    Images

You better be careful. You could get arrested as a Sex Offender and once you have that label, on your record, it will affect the rest of your life. I work at a prison and there are sex offenders there. I know of many who are released back into the free world and it is a very difficult row to hoe. So, if you wish to have some fun, have some fun but I would counsel you to not do this. Of course you did not ask for my advice.
    "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" (Rudyard Kipling)
    From SunnyWalker, SOBO CDT hiker starting June 2014.
    Please visit: SunnyWalker.Net

There was nudity among the college set, guys and gals, two weekends ago in the whites. Gave new meaning to Liberty Springs campsite.

I don't understand why people get so upset about nudity.

geek

Default That one's easy, Jim...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Adams View Post
    I don't understand why people get so upset about nudity.

geek
    Because nudity is associated with sexuality in our species. Sexuality, like fear, hate, and greed, is an extremely powerful motivating force for good and ill among people. Powerful forces are best harnessed or at least not able to cause more than an acceptable amount of damage. Think of the aphorism about fire; 'it is a good servant but a terrible master'. When you see an an individual or a group of people (on up to national or civilizational scale) who seems to consistently make poor decisions (that lead to particularly poor outcomes), odds are that one of those motivations operates out of whack in them.

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotasmith View Post
    Because nudity is associated with sexuality in our species.
    Actually, you left out the words "with some" between the words "sexuality" and "in". The blanket statement above is patently false.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Default You're wrong as usual, MOWGLI...

Quote Originally Posted by MOWGLI View Post
    Actually, you left out the words "with some" between the words "sexuality" and "in". The blanket statement above is patently false.
    Even societies that have accepted substantial partial nudity (women and men wearing only loincloths in tropical hunter-gatherer groups) still attach major moment of a sexual nature to going that last bit further toward total nudity. Likewise, settings in which total nudity is allowed or even mandated (group bathing in Japan, or some nudist colonies, say), there are strictures in place to distinguish it from overlapping into the "other" nudity situation.

So, yeah, nudity always has association with sexuality in our species. It may be suppressed at a given level or setting, but the linkage never ceases to exist.

Careful what you wish for.
    I live near some of the world's best beaches. They are topless beaches.
    For every eye-opener topless beauty we see here, we probably see 3 or 4 fat, old, ugly women. I wouldn't think i'd ever say this but: I'd rather they would not be topless beaches. Unless they limited to college age or something.

Anyway, my 2 cents on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by dessertrat View Post
    exhibitionists perhaps. But what exactly are they making excuses for? seems more like they're exercizing freedoms and testing boundries.

we are way too repressed in our society. Ironicaly this may be part of the reason our country has so many sex offenders. I feel there is a large segment of the population that has been conditioned to associate nudity with sin. "For they saw they were naked and they were ashamed" What exactly were they ashamed of? Being naked? the way god made them? The human form is beautiful in all its shapes and sizes and can be admired without the act of intercourse becoming involved. Would'nt be nice to run through a field naked on a hot summer day or skinny dip underneath cascading mountain water or even summit in Maine in the nude without the threat of criminal prosecution? I say if you ever feel the urge to be naked outside then go for it.

see y'all next summer solstice

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Adams View Post
    I don't understand why people get so upset about nudity.geek
    exactly. thank you. the only thing to get upset about is one's own uncomfortableness with ones own body.....

Because nudity is associated with sexuality in our species. Sexuality, like fear, hate, and greed, is an extremely powerful motivating force for good and ill among people. Powerful forces are best harnessed or at least not able to cause more than an acceptable amount of damage. Think of the aphorism about fire; 'it is a good servant but a terrible master'. When you see an an individual or a group of people (on up to national or civilizational scale) who seems to consistently make poor decisions (that lead to particularly poor outcomes), odds are that one of those motivations operates out of whack in them.
    so...nudity = anarchy. please, for the love of god, correct me.

Even societies that have accepted substantial partial nudity (women and men wearing only loincloths in tropical hunter-gatherer groups) still attach major moment of a sexual nature to going that last bit further toward total nudity. Likewise, settings in which total nudity is allowed or even mandated (group bathing in Japan, or some nudist colonies, say), there are strictures in place to distinguish it from overlapping into the "other" nudity situation.

So, yeah, nudity always has association with sexuality in our species. It may be suppressed at a given level or setting, but the linkage never ceases to exist.
    i think the word here is suppression...

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound View Post
    exhibitionists perhaps. But what exactly are they making excuses for? seems more like they're exercizing freedoms and testing boundries.
    they're not. some people are just uncomfortable with nudity

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++