WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Still planning to go - Skipper (my hubby) and I. Want to learn about the PCT. And my hubby loves to dance.
    I'm so happy you're attending Blissful !

I have decided this year that I'm going to participate in the dance as well. We'll have to swap partners on occasion

Then I'll make it back to the campfire at the FLC just in time to hear more Trail stories, especially B'Jack and Bag-O-Tricks. BTW does anyone know if Jester is going to make it???? That would be real nice.

Blissful have seen the ALDHA25 DVD? It was distributed 2 years ago (I'll bring a few extras to hand out FYI). The DVD has clips in it of Warren Doyle, Cindy Ross and many others dancing.

Even if you can't dance, try to attend to check it out....if I can do it so can you (don't you hate when people say that).

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    I thought you were trying to encourage folks.
    Hey Tin Man....sometimes the stories can be so interesting that it makes you wonder.

The best Trail stories I've heard are from: Gene Espy, BagOTricks and Baltimore Jack.

And all 3 men will be at the Gathering, where you can hear the stories first hand

Gene's are the really good ones.

After all, his are actually true.

Quote Originally Posted by StarLyte View Post
    Hey Tin Man....sometimes the stories can be so interesting that it makes you wonder.

The best Trail stories I've heard are from: Gene Espy, BagOTricks and Baltimore Jack.

And all 3 men will be at the Gathering, where you can hear the stories first hand
    Thanks, but I prefer conversations over monologues. Gene would be interesting to hear though. Nothing against Jack or Tricks, they seem likable enough, just not my way of enjoying a campfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    just not my way of enjoying a campfire.
    the billville campfire stories are simply rivetting

Jack spins a good yarn, it's true.

Blissful have seen the ALDHA25 DVD? It was distributed 2 years ago (I'll bring a few extras to hand out FYI). The DVD has clips in it of Warren Doyle, Cindy Ross and many others dancing.
    Here's the 1st two chapters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33o9dUwzow0

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

If I wasn't a working class citizen, I'd attend.

Quote Originally Posted by _terrapin_ View Post
    Jack spins a good yarn, it's true.

oh, I though you said a good "yawn"...I misread.

hehe

Cant believe its been ten years to the day since I met Baltimore Jack at Shaws where we built tentsites in the 'other' yard back in 1998...crazy.

Hey Kirby, most of the rest of us are working class citizens, too. Sorry you can't make it, but the event has been planned and talked about for months, and seems to me you could've got the weekend off. Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry you can't make it, but to imply that people that work for a living won't be attending is kinda lame. If you can't arrange (well in advance) to get a few days off from work, then it's time to find another job.

Those were good tentsites, too. And yeah, it DOES seem like a long time ago!

I hike, therefore I stink.
    Images

Wish I could be there. I really enjoyed the Gettysburg Gathering. Ah well. Things are busy right now with the Army and I promised I'd stick close.
    If you don't have something nice to say,
    Be witty in your cruelty.

As of last word I will be riding with Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King View Post
    oh, I though you said a good "yawn"...I misread.

hehe

Cant believe its been ten years to the day since I met Baltimore Jack at Shaws where we built tentsites in the 'other' yard back in 1998...crazy.
    I remember bumping into Jack at Rainbow Ledges and then at Katahdin Streams around 9/24

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    As of last word I will be riding with Tank.

Looking forward to meeting you and thanking you personally for my cold drink last year.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

I'm looking forward to the Gathering and also checking out the Cranberry Glades section of Monongahela NF on the way down.

The Falls of Hill Creek are probably the prettiest water falls that I have seen. Try to work that into your plans if possible. The trail starts at the Cranberry Mountain visitor center. You won't believe the money that they spent on the board walk and the stair case to the base of the falls.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/mnf/sp/falls_hillscrk.html

See you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookerhiker View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Gathering and also checking out the Cranberry Glades section of Monongahela NF on the way down.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Images

I won't be attending unfortunately. My brother and I promised my dad a weekend of fishing, hiking and biking in SW Penn, near Ohiopyle State Park if anyone is familiar with that area. We're gonna check out the Fallingwaters homestead and celebrate my dad's belated 60th B-day.

Hope you all have a great time, and I hope it's in Gettysburg next yr. Pipestem is way too far with gas prices these days...
    Anything's within walking distance if you've got the time.
    GA-ME 03, LT 04/06, PCT 07'

Quote Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
    I won't be attending unfortunately. My brother and I promised my dad a weekend of fishing, hiking and biking in SW Penn, near Ohiopyle State Park if anyone is familiar with that area. We're gonna check out the Fallingwaters homestead and celebrate my dad's belated 60th B-day.

Hope you all have a great time, and I hope it's in Gettysburg next yr. Pipestem is way too far with gas prices these days...
    So are you biking the Great Allegheny Passage and hiking the Laurel Highlands Trail?

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Hey Kirby, most of the rest of us are working class citizens, too. Sorry you can't make it, but the event has been planned and talked about for months, and seems to me you could've got the weekend off. Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry you can't make it, but to imply that people that work for a living won't be attending is kinda lame. If you can't arrange (well in advance) to get a few days off from work, then it's time to find another job.
    The reason I could not get that weekend off is that well in advance I requested a weekend off for my DC school visit trip and then the following saturday I needed off for the SAT's. No way in hell my boss was giving me three straight weekends off.

No harm intended in the post, meant to be ironic.

Kirby

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++