WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Images

If you were able to post to the thread it ain't closed. Must be the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Speed View Post
    If you were able to post to the thread it ain't closed. Must be the computer.
    That was me I was cleaning something up.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    Smoking in homes with young children may be among the rankest forms of child abuse.
    Many of the parents I know who still smoke, do so outside their home. In the winter, they go in their garage. THEY don't even like the smell of it inside their own homes.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator View Post
    That was me I was cleaning something up.
    And I had just composed a brilliant commentary on this debate and it disappeared. I partially reconstructed it. I urge everyone to read my comments. (Post 100)Just recognize they lack the brilliance of the original.

Weary

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    Many of the parents I know who still smoke, do so outside their home. In the winter, they go in their garage. THEY don't even like the smell of it inside their own homes.
    I smoke an occasional cigar. Always do that on the back porch. No children, just don't want the odor of tobacco smoke to build up.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Two Speed View Post
    I smoke an occasional cigar. Always do that on the back porch. No children, just don't want the odor of tobacco smoke to build up.
    I quit smoking 40 years ago. No one smokes in my house any more. Well my baby sister from California still is allowed a cigaret during the hour whe stops by each year. You have to make allowances for old people.

Weary

I quit smoking after my mother started smoking again. And she always yelled at me for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer&Marje View Post
    Geez, who could forget good ol' Dukakis. That was about the same material I saw in the 24D program
    Sorry,

But you come accross as believing the "no blood, no foul" rule should apply.

Personally, I believe DUI should carry a mandatory jail sentence. Maybe that would improve the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by littlebill31 View Post
    I don't smoke ,but say and smelled the vomit from a guy at a shelter from drinking too much.Rather smell smoke and BO then watch a guy vomit. Everyone had to move from the shelter
    Did you thank him? He did you a favor.

Images

cigarettes are delicious and smell great.

not a problem if you exercise moderation.....
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Smoking what? Damn it. No hiking the Whites for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonHiker View Post
    Sorry,

Personally, I believe DUI should carry a mandatory jail sentence. Maybe that would improve the numbers
    Me too. I can't stand alcoholics. Not to be mean but alcohol causes so many problems! In moderation it is ok but we obviously are not a people of moderation of anything here in the good ol USA.

Sorry,

Well, at least in some states, a DUI over a certain threshold does carry a mandatory jail term. That seems more fair, since the thresholds for DUI have been reduced so much that a person who had, say, one strong drink but still felt fine to drive and was just barely over the limit and maybe the breathalyzer was calibrated low or whatever...you get my point...but having a BAC in excess of a certain number indicates the person had obviously had several drinks and still chose to drive...however you feel on the subject you must agree there's a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason of the Woods View Post
    Me too. I can't stand alcoholics. Not to be mean but alcohol causes so many problems! In moderation it is ok but we obviously are not a people of moderation of anything here in the good ol USA.
    And I don't mind alcoholics so much. I mean I'm sure Winston Churchill was a boor but FDR was probably a hoot to hang out with. It's those teetotalers who think they know whats best for everyone like Hitler I really can't stand.

OK. Good Point there Dude! You still must fight this ban of smoke with me, or smoke it...?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason of the Woods View Post
    OK. Good Point there Dude! You still must fight this ban of smoke with me, or smoke it...?
    I oppose all oppression. Up the irons!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    cigarettes are delicious and smell great.

not a problem if you exercise moderation.....
    Very true for the first few years after quitting. Then strangely, tobacco smoke became obnoxious. A puzzle that I've never been able to explain.

Weary

Quote Originally Posted by bfitz View Post
    I oppose all oppression. Up the irons!
    Yep. I need to talk to you. PM coming now...

Quote Originally Posted by bfitz View Post
    Well, at least in some states, a DUI over a certain threshold does carry a mandatory jail term. That seems more fair, since the thresholds for DUI have been reduced so much that a person who had, say, one strong drink but still felt fine to drive and was just barely over the limit and maybe the breathalyzer was calibrated low or whatever...you get my point...but having a BAC in excess of a certain number indicates the person had obviously had several drinks and still chose to drive...however you feel on the subject you must agree there's a difference.And I don't mind alcoholics so much. I mean I'm sure Winston Churchill was a boor but FDR was probably a hoot to hang out with. It's those teetotalers who think they know whats best for everyone like Hitler I really can't stand.

If you had only heard the parade of excuses

If you had only heard the parade of excuses
    Just so everyone knows heres the parade.

Caught away from home without Marjes medication.

Genetic cancer she has could cause Brain Aneurysms or Cardiac Arrest.

Had a few too many but was comfortable to drive.

Didn't have time to wait for a Cab or an Ambulance and was close enough to home.

Don't usually go out to drink at bars but, it was her birthday.

I AM a huge advocate AGAINST drunk driving but life happens. It's real easy to stand off to the side and point and say NO, sometimes it's harder when your wife can't breathe.

Do you stop by every car accident and critique them on what they did wrong? I can learn from my own mistakes thank you... and I did plenty of time with very little money because of the situation...In fact I still havn't recovered that's why 09 is off the books.

That's my list... publicly.... since even if I send a PM someone is going to bring it up.

Oh and she was in the hospital for 2 days after that. I am a firm believer that Sympathy is found in between Sh(it) and Syphilis in the Websters Dictionary. Don't want sympathy but understanding OTHER PEOPLE is clutch to surviving in society as a useful member.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++