WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Carry a 2 oz bottle which should last more than a few meals. When empty ask at a resturant if they fill it for $1. They might just fill it for you. If you don't mind regular vegtable oil I am sure they give it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gonewalkabout View Post
    Carry a 2 oz bottle which should last more than a few meals. When empty ask at a resturant if they fill it for $1. They might just fill it for you. If you don't mind regular vegtable oil I am sure they give it to you.
    1- Order a salad with vinegar and oil on the side. Top off your container from the oil cruet. Stash it in your pants and wonder if the lid is tight.
    2- Order a 3 olive martini and squeeze your own
    3- buy it at the market

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Something like that, outside of packets, and I would double bag in Ziploc. All you need is a lid failure and lots of ruined stuff...
    I recently met a guy on the trail who had that problem. And even though it was bagged it was still messy because there were other things in the bag with it.

Panzer

Images

Quote Originally Posted by gearfreak View Post
    I use the packets from minimus, but I'm only out 7 - 10 days at a stretch. You might consider this type of bottle and some paper cups from a water cooler (as funnels for refilling) to avoid the mess.
    I bought a few of those bottles from REI to take on a trip last month for the specific purpose of putting oil in them. Fortunately, I tried it out at home first. Fill with oil, gentle squeeze - and oil comes sliding down the side..... I ended up taking one anyway, since it was only a weekend trip. I double-bagged in two sandwich bags, and the inside bag was pretty gooey when we got to camp. Might work if you can put it in a pot or cup where it won't be squeezed at all. Based on my brief experience, I would not recommend for a long section.....
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Images

Why put the nalgene in the ziploc, why not oil in ziploc, then into nalgene?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++