WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Parking and shuttle in Hot Springs, NC

I'm looking for a secure place to park in Hot Springs and a shuttle to the trail access on Waterville School Rd near Davenport Gap. I will get to Hot Springs Friday, Oct 10th and need to leave my truck until Sunday Oct 12th. Any suggestions?

call bluff mtn. outfitters for your shuttle 828-622-7162, and you can park free at the forest service parking lot right on the trail on the south end of town

Images

Ditto what Lone Wolf said. Bluff Mt. Outfitters are great to work with, and we've never had a problem parking in the FS parking lot in Hot Springs.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

if for whatever reason the hike from waterville school rd. to Hot Springs proves difficult (place to leave car etc..) you could always flip flop. leave your car at Standing Bear Farm ( on waterville school rd. right on the AT ) catch a shuttle to Hot Springs and hike back to your car

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rockhound View Post
    if for whatever reason the hike from waterville school rd. to Hot Springs proves difficult (place to leave car etc..) you could always flip flop. leave your car at Standing Bear Farm ( on waterville school rd. right on the AT ) catch a shuttle to Hot Springs and hike back to your car
    Catching a ride with Curtis of SBF end of the month from Dport Gap through Hot Springs to drop a resupply to Sams Gap. Rode with him last year. I recommend him... 423-487-0014
    nous défions

It's gonna be ok.

Ditch Medicine: wash your hands and keep your booger-pickers off your face!

Images

Lightbulb

I did that hike. Had Curtis at Standing Bear Farm shuttle my vehicle up to Hot Springs. There's a safe parking lot where the trail comes out of the woods there. I just asked him to do the shuttle near the end of my hike, so my vehicle sat at SBF most of the time, safe and sound.

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

AT 11,000 Miler
    Images

Default Please Post Water Update

I can't give any better advice than what was provided. But I am doing that same hike a week later and would appreciate any updates on the availability of water in that section.

Ask about the water situation at either end, Curtis at Standing Bear (Davenport) or at The Bluff Mt.Outfitters in Hot Springs. The trail goes right by both places and hikers leave updates on the water supply.

Any new information on parking my car in Hot Springs? Is there a charge? Is it secure? We are hiking from Max Patch to Hot Springs. Thinking of bringing 2 cars. Is it safe to leave my car at Max Patch? Thanks.

Images

I have parked at hot springs resort in the past. They let you park behind their general store for a few $ a day. I'm not sure that I would park at Max Patch for an extended period. There's alot of local traffic through there.

The outfitter in Hot springs will shuttle.. and on the DL Robby at Laughing heart will also shuttle if the outfitter does not work out. He helped me slackpack when I was waiting for boots to be mailed. Great Place btw.

++ New Posts ++