WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Water Conditions in the Smokies

A few of us are going up in a couple of weeks and hike from Fontanna Dam to Newfound Gap in the Smokies and was just wondering if anyone has been up there lately and knows what the water situation is. I have spoke with a Ranger in that area and he said it is hard to tell, basically a day to day situation. He did say there was a lot of bear activity on that section. If anyone has any info on that as well that would I certainaly appreciate it as well.

Section by Section
    Images

Haven't been there since March, so I can't give you certain answers, but I always consult this page before heading to the Smokies...

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/temproadclose.htm
    Midway Sam
    AT Section Hiker

"Adventure is not outside man; it is within." ~ Georg Eliot

Teddy Bear in a hammock HikerRanky's Avatar
    Images

Just got back from a week in the GSMNP, and I can tell you that Mollies Ridge Shelter is dry as a bone.... Some water was available at Silers Bald Shelter, but there has been no rain over there for a number of weeks.... Many of the creeks and rivers coming down from the top are down about 40% their normal amount of flow.

We were carrying 2L Platys and some Gatorade bottles with extra water in them..... Weather is in the mid 60s during the day, 30s for lows at night....

++ New Posts ++