WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Just finished my Long Trail End-to-End

I finished my final section of the LT this weekend, completing the entire trail in 7 section hikes this year, starting on Memorial Day weekend.

This weekend I started at Gulf Rd on the Mass AT, just north of Dalton and hiked the 42 miles up to Rt 9 in Vermont, finishing my last section from the southern terminus to Rt 9 (14 miles). I saved the easiest one for last!

The weather was fantastic this weekend, just past peak foliage, and I could not have asked for a better final trip.

Quoddy ran a shuttle for me from Rt 9 to Dalton on Friday morning. He's been a source of inspiration and advice for me when I was planning my trip and throughout the year. Thanks also to Bobcat for my northern terminus shuttle and all of you that have helped me along the way.

-Philip

Quote Originally Posted by earlylight View Post
    I finished my final section of the LT this weekend, completing the entire trail in 7 section hikes this year, starting on Memorial Day weekend.

This weekend I started at Gulf Rd on the Mass AT, just north of Dalton and hiked the 42 miles up to Rt 9 in Vermont, finishing my last section from the southern terminus to Rt 9 (14 miles). I saved the easiest one for last!

The weather was fantastic this weekend, just past peak foliage, and I could not have asked for a better final trip.

Quoddy ran a shuttle for me from Rt 9 to Dalton on Friday morning. He's been a source of inspiration and advice for me when I was planning my trip and throughout the year. Thanks also to Bobcat for my northern terminus shuttle and all of you that have helped me along the way.

-Philip
    congrats on your LT completion,and on having great people around like that!very cool.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Congrats on finishing the LT; I still have fond memories of my thru-hike in '79. So what's next?
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Images

Quote Originally Posted by earlylight View Post

-Philip
    Awesome to hear man, my girlfriend and I have decided after doing our section this weekend (Rt.11/30 to Rt. 9) that we will probably do the LT in sections also instead of thru-hiking it. And I agree, the foliage was gorgeous this weekend, we had three days of absolutely beautiful weather!

Images

Default Congratulations!

Sometimes it seems like the number of LT enthusiasts here is small and few from Vermont post, but I would like to think those of us who will always have a place for The Long Trail in our hearts make up for it in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    Congrats on finishing the LT; I still have fond memories of my thru-hike in '79. So what's next?
    I'm not really sure - sort of dreading the question. Maybe I'll finish off my remaining MA, VT and NH sections of the AT and start hiking to Maine. The Mass Mid-state trail, Cohos in NH, the FLT in NY, and the Catamount trails are also candidates.

Images

Default congratulations!

Congratulations! We just finished the LT too! We celebrated at the Canadian border yesterday. We did it in sections, mostly day hikes, over 3 years. Great, isn't it! Congrats again. Landshark
    "Dreamt last night I was climbing mountains
    Way beyond love’s fierce hold..."

Images

Congratulations to Landshark and Earlylight!
    WalkingStick"75"

Default Congratulations

Congratulations Landshark and Earlylight! Wish that I could have done it again this year. All the best on your continued hiking.

Congrats! I wouldn't mind being out there right now!

Journal Entries
    Images

Congratulations on your successful LT hike. I wish Id been back on the trail out there last week to enjoy the good weather and foilage!

++ New Posts ++